Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a Marlin site, and believe me I love the simple safe way Marlin uses on their original 336A's to secure the forearm and magazine tube!

But, I have a Winchester 64 and I want to take the forearm off. I have the two screws out on the forearm cap, the tube plug and spring out, so what do I do next?

Does the magazine tube slide out, screw out(if so how do I hold the tube to do that)? Or is there some other secret?

Thanks much in advance!!

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
OK. If the magazine tube doesn't slide out with what you have done, look at the ring that the tube is mounted in. There is a cross pin that I believe must also be removed before the tube can come out. After that, it should slide right out, unless there is a bit of rust at that point. A little penetrating oil my also be in order, should things still be tight.
Paul B.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Paul B,

I will look for that.....Thank you for responding! Nothing else seems to be working. :?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Paul B,

You the man!! 8)

I took out that tiny cross pin and voila the tube came right out. Thanks much for taking the time to share the information!! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts