Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey does anyone have this rifle? I am looking at buying one of these as well as the Tamer 20 gauge. I was wondering if anyone has shot this gun accurately at 100yds? Also, has anyone had any problems with the open sights? I have read a lot that the wrong sight gets put on the gun at the factory.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I bought the 22lr 410 combo a few years back the 410 is the only barrel that gets used now.If this is for a kid I would get a chipmunk for a small kid or a model 60 if for a larger.As far as accuracy I mounted the scope but never shot for groups.Do you have the frame and looking for the barrel or contemplating the whole gun?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I'm 5'9" and 160lbs. What do you classify that as? haha. I do not have a frame I can put the rimfire on, so I am looking at buying the whole gun. I am not aware that H&R has a "versa pack" out with a .410 and 22LR? I know Rossi does but it is in youth model. Even though you don't/didn't shoot for groups, would you say that it would shoot 100yds accurately if I needed it too?

·
Banned
2,894 Posts
I believe there is a reason why few .22s are chambered for all 3 cartridges anymore. In my limited experience, rifles that are chambered for .22lr alone consistantly shoot more accurately than the latter. Not to mention the cost variance between the loads. I have a Remington Speedmaster and used to have a Winchester 190 - both which could accept all 3 loads and they can't come close to my other rimfires loaded only for the longrifle. Be this headspacing or bolt variance or whatever, that's just the way they shoot. ;)

·
Registered
994 Posts
The barrel measures 5/8 at the muzzle,has a target crown,is 20 inches long and I would say it has accuracy potential.My barrel is marked 22 lr and has plenty of girth.Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts