Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just today received the above at my FFL, came shipped in two standard dissembled pieces so I never had a chance to look it over as to takedown, etc. All parts are serial numbered correctly but I can't get it to reassemble.
I do own a 1957 39A so I do understand that dis/re process-is there another/different take down/assembly element to this 1972 beauty?

·
Premium Member
All kinds. Enamored of their mechanisms!
10,934 Posts
You-Tube is your friend. It can be tricky but once you get the hang of it it is easy. Great gun. A 39 was my first Marlin of many more to come afterward. On of the reasons I bought it was its ability to be taken down for maintenance..

AC

·
Registered
180 Posts
Ask the question: Why was it shipped taken down, why wasn't it assembled? Is there some issue with it, ask the seller?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ask the question: Why was it shipped taken down, why wasn't it assembled? Is there some issue with it, ask the seller?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I asked for it to be disassembled and wrapped up tight for shipping-those early butt plates will break through handling issues. O.K. after several attempts it went back together, VERY tight alinement, cycles and expends perfect!
I also don't care for this new forum format.

Just today received the above at my FFL, came shipped in two standard dissembled pieces so I never had a chance to look it over as to takedown, etc. All parts are serial numbered correctly but I can't get it to reassemble.
I do own a 1957 39A so I do understand that dis/re process-is there another/different take down/assembly element to this 1972 beauty?

·
Premium Member
10,720 Posts
I seem to remember you have to cock the hammer to put it back together. It has been a while for me so I may be wrong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts