Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought utg tactical op bipod. Bipod is picatinny & swivel stud mount. I have the ati stock (draganov) on my marlin 60. I used the swivel stud mount for the stock but it seems to have a really loose fit. Has anyone had similiar problems with this bipod and or stock? How do i go about fixing this any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
6,563 Posts
No exprience with that bipod, but it looks like a Harris clone. If that's the case, if you haven't already, turn the knob below the swivel stud until it's snug up against the stock (making sure that the hooks stay in he swivel hole). If there is still a gap, I would think about using something to shim it that won't marr the stock finish (foam, thick fabric, etc).

I have a Harris clone that I use on several diff ent rifles. The depth that you need to tighten that screw varies from rile to rifle, but I've never run out of room for adjustment.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah thats what mine is looking like. The knob on the bottom only twist so far before it stops at the screw, leaving a gap between the stock and itself. Im trying to find a solution as to fixing it without having to put something to shim it as njcioffi suggested. Maybe its the ati stock itself?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone know how to delete my account here? Sorry to say this really hasnt been of any help to me. Posted a problem i was having with an attachment but noone really seemed interested

·
Registered
9 Posts
In the picture it looks like the threaded coller is hitting the screw that goes through the swivle stud hole? is the hole counter sunk? counter sunk screw? if they are you could counter sink it deeper? Or use a drill bit that is slightly larger than the OD of the screw head and drill the hole a little deep so the head of the screw sits just below flush. Then the threaded coller should pass the screw head.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Another zombie thread. The OP left the forum in a huff last April.

Reactions: Squirrel Dover
1 - 8 of 8 Posts