Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody. my name is tom and I'm a marlin lever gun addict. I just bought my fifth 1895 and have several 336's so I finally admitted to my self that I don't have a problem. there is no problem with filling a room with Marlins. Ok so i also have a room for Winchesters and one for savage 99's but I still don't think that's a problem.
my wife on the other hand thinks something is wrong with me. I tell her they could all be girlfriends, but all that gets is a horse laugh. sheesh!
any way I just joined here and look forward to some interesting times.
I just got my fifth 1895 and first guide gun. always thought they looked cool but never picked one up. did just that at the local pawn shop and dang! it stuck to my hands.
was able to pry one hand loose long enough to call a cousin that has been slobbering over a mak90 I had.
walked out 10 minutes later and was shooting it in about an hour. Now I have to decide if I want to scope it. maybe not.
I live in North Idaho 2 miles from the border. most of my hunting is in the back yard. all of it is under 200 yrds so the 45-70 just about rules. I have taken 2 elk with the 45-70 and they dropped like a poleaxed steer. I generally take whitetail with a 35rem . Bear with the 35 or 45-70
I reload for all calibers that I shoot and some besides for friends with weird stuff.
any way that's me. see you around.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Welcome from an old country girl.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you. from an old country boy.

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Premium Member
12,154 Posts
Welcome from Micanopy Florida. Tom you are going to fit in here for sure. I look forward to seeing your future post.

·
Premium Member
15,447 Posts
Welcome to the Marlin Owners Forum from the Texas Hill Country

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
Howdy from Texas. Not far from the border myself, but it's the Oklahoma border. :)

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Marlin Owners from the State of South Dakota
Welcome Aboard, Enjoy the Journey
444GS2

·
Premium Member
6,516 Posts
Hello Tom, Welcome to Marlinowners from Pennsylvania!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hello Tom and Welcome to the Marlin Owners Forum, from the state of Louisiana!!!

Team 45-70 #1214
cajunjohn

"This is America." " Everyone's got a bone to pick"

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Welcome from Alaska to all things Marlin. The Marlin lever 45-70 is also my most trusted shooting tool. You seem about ready to head north with one (or more!) of those fine arms. The 35 Rem also has a small but loyal group of owners - more in Se Alaska in my experience. 30-30 found everywhere.

·
Banned
651 Posts
Welcome from the great plains of Kansas!! You will enjoy this great forum. Lots of great people on it>

·
Super Moderator
16,017 Posts
WELCOME FROM OLYMPIA, WA; IN THE GREAT PACIFIC NORTHWEST - THE "ORIGINAL MARLIN®" (North Haven, CT Rifles) COUNTRY!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well thank you one and all.

·
Premium Member
9,845 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! Glad you've joined us! John

·
Registered
661 Posts
Hello and welcome from the high plains of Colorado. I think you'll fit in here just fine.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Tell your wife that your Marlins are your 401K. Welcome from NE Texas.
I have toldher that for years, now she wants to cash it out! sheeesh!

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Enjoy the forum.........................

1 - 20 of 31 Posts