Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. My name is Jeff. I am from the west side of Washington State (where we have the little, sneaky columbian blacktails and the Big gnarly Roosevelt elk!). I've looked at this forum enough times to know a good thing when I see it and I wanted to "officially" join and become a member. I am a family man, an avid fisherman, and am a professional math instructor for the last 19 years. I mostly fish for salmon but love to hunt as well.

I grew up in a fishing family and my father didn't hunt much, but he taught me how to shoot a rifle as a kid and we had many days plinking with 22's. airrifles, and the Ruger #1 in 223. It was fun. When I got into my early 20's, I took up blackpowder hunting and taught myself (mostly the old guys I hung around taught me!). Never shot a deer until I was 21. Since then I've taken quite a few blacktails with blackpowder. Last year was my first year to hunt with a modern rifle and I took a little forked horn blacktail at 12 yards with a 7mm Mag and a 3X9 scope. Overkill, right?!? Well, that prompted me to start thinking open-sights and hunting up close and personal like I learned with blackpoweder . I still love blackpowder, but I am particularly drawn to lever actions!!!!!! ( Although I do own a Marlin XS7 in 308 and one in 25-06 now). I am wanting to get a 336 30-30 and what I REALLY want is one of those 45-70's that can throw a big old 405 grain chunk of lead like I used to through my .50 cal smokepole.

Anyway, that is a little bit about me. I look forward to being a learner on this forum and will eat up any information you folks are willing to teach me. Hopefully, I can give something back, too. Take care. Jeff

·
Registered
14,846 Posts
Welcome to the MarlinOwners Forum from New York.
Lots of good information here, and from your introduction, you can add some and we love pictures.
That 45-70 would certainly take care of that
Big gnarly Roosevelt elk.

·
Premium Member
9,845 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! Glad you've joined us! Great introduction by the way:biggrin: John

·
Premium Member
6,516 Posts
Hello Jeff, Welcome to Marlinowners from Pennsylvania!!

·
Banned
8,174 Posts
Welcome from East coast Fl

·
Registered
661 Posts
Hello and welcome from the high plains of Colorado.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Howdy and welcome from Alaska!

·
Premium Member
15,449 Posts
Welcome to the Marlin Owners Forum from the Texas Hill Country.

A great place for friends to gather around the campfire and visit

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
Welcome aboard, enjoy the forum

·
Registered
20,530 Posts
Welcome from South Florida!

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
964 Posts
Welcome from Central PA, hope the salmon runs are still good out there.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Enjoy the forum.........................

1 - 20 of 32 Posts