Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all!

Just got my first lever-gun 8 days ago. Fired it 6 & 5 days ago, and can't think of much else (unless I'm reaaaaal hungry...). I've got it in my lap as I type this. Hope to hit the range tomorrow morn.

For the (not so) exciting tale of it's first outing, you may read my Range Report. It was from that messege board that I learned of this place.

Now for the meat of this post: Anyone know where I can find breakdown/maintenance, or other general care info? It's a Glenfield Mod. 30A.

About my new addiction, my Marlin wish-list now includes the following:

336SS
1894C
1894 .45 Colt
39A
1895GS (Why is the magazine not any longer? It looks like it could easily be lengthened enought to accept one more round, w/o extending beyond the barrel. But, I have to admit, I am clueless on the subject.)

It may be sometime before I add to my current collection of one, but, it will happen. :)

Well, that's about it for now. Thanks for any replies!

David.

PS: One more thing, can 30-30 ammo be found for less than $10 /20rd box? Thanks again.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Owners Manual for 336 will work just fine.... call Marlin they will send you one... You can go to reference thread and see tuning a lever post.. will have instructions there on dissasembly... Congrats and Welcome

·
Premium Member
1,977 Posts
Academy Sports sells Serbian-made .30-03 ammo under the Monarch brand for $6.86. Shoots OK.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the replies.

I managed to make it to the range this morning, and spend another couple of boxes of ammo. I also managed to pick up a peep sight for $25 from an other range member. He installed if for me, and helped me get it sighted in (he has a spotting scope, I don't). Now I need a new, taller, front sight. However, for now, I'm able to compensate by aiming low. Later this week I hope to fix that minor issue.

Well, gotta go earn some more ammo money. Catcha' all later!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Understand !! Dad got me my first one when in 2nd grade in 1952 Model 39a, Inherited his 336 sc 35 rem. Then I bought 3 guide guns, one for me, my son, and brother in law. Also 1895 in 45-70, 1895 CB, 336 CB in 38-55 really nice caliber, 1894 CB 44 mag, and last an 1897 Cb 22 for my wife. all have receiver or tang sights. Marbles tang are nice but hurt hand on 45-70 and 38-55 so receiver sights there All are fun to shoot but do not get to indulge enough!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts