Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you for reading. My very first gun is this Marlin Model 25 which was given to me by my father for Christmas in 1985. I was just 14 years old and this gun means a ton to me. It shoots 22 SL and LR. Since my father has passed away, it would mean a lot to me to return this well cared for gun to service. A while back a piece fell out which causes the magazine to fall out. Unfortunately, the gun was stored with my mom and she lost the magazine and the piece(s) that fell out. I did some research and found Marlin magazines. What I can not find is which piece is missing and therefore where to buy it. I can not find an owners manual or diagram with a list of parts to assist either. When I search on-line I don't get much except an old diagram from Brownells which does not seem accurate for my gun, rather it is for a different glenfield model. I believe with these answers that I can once again shoot the gun, care for it in its deserved condition, and carry on the tradition. You see, my son is 12 years old and turns 13 soon. I am determined to pass this gun along to him now and make his first gun this very Marlin Model 25. It would make my dad smile!

Thank you for any help you can afford.

Sincerely,

Paul

·
Premium Member
15,448 Posts
Welcome to the Marlin Owners Forum from the Texas Hill Country.

A great place for friends to gather around the campfire and visit

·
Premium Member
15,448 Posts

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
if numrich dont have them try brownell to.

Reactions: Golphin

·
Premium Member
6,515 Posts
Hello Paul, Welcome to Marlinowners from Pennsylvania!!!

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Paul,
Your on the right track. Those 2 parts should fix her up. Here's a way to save a few bucks when ordering from Numrich. During their normal business hours call their 1-800 number and press 1 and the recording will give you a 4 digit number to save on shipping when you order on line.

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Louisiana!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! Thanks for joining us! John

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
RamCharger - Thank you for the tip! I will order the parts.

Does anyone else have a varying opinion? I want to be sure that I get this done the right way on this Model 25 from 1985 please.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Welcome from Long Island farm country, happy shootin'. Cheers:beerglass:

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
Welcome from Florida

·
Registered
14,846 Posts
Welcome to the MarlinOwners Forum from New York.

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Welcome to Marlin Owners from a little piece of Heaven in Sullivan County, the Gem of the Endless Mountains of Pennsylvania.

Coyote222

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Enjoy the forum.........................

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Howdy and welcome from Southeast Kansas!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts