Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Hello from Virginia!

938 views 16 replies 17 participants last post by  RevDerb 
#1 ·
I've been a shooter & reloader for many years but brand new to lever guns. I just accuired a 336SC last Saturday at an estate auction and will take it to the range next weekend to sight it in. I expect that I'll be asking some advice on reloading for the 30-30 but the dies are back ordered. Other interest in guns run to Smith & Wesson - mostly revolvers - and rimfires of all kinds. My wife, dog, & I live here in Roanoke, VA. NRA life member and Virginia Citizens Defence League as well. Ooops! - Topshot is about to come on - see y'all later.

Any other veterans? I was with the 101st Airborne in Vietnam in '70-'71

#2 ·
Welcome Bastogne: Good luck with your 336SC. Looking forward to hearing how she shoots. This is an excellent place to find out about reloading the 30:30. There are some real experts around here.

#3 ·
Welcome to MO from Pennsylvania!!

#5 ·
Welcome from Abilene and Goldthwaite, TX! Thanks for your service -- I was a C-130 pilot in SEA in varying capacities from 65-71. Glad you're here! John

#7 ·
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

#9 ·
Welcome from Olympia, WA; in the great Pacific Northwest - MARLIN® COUNTRY!!!!!

FWIW, I too served in RVN for two tours; retired from the Army in 1990. Welcome home brother.

#12 ·
Welcome from TN, Lonnie.

#17 ·
Thank you for your service. Served USN/USNR (1966-1970 & 1980-1992). Welcome to MO discussion forums from the tip of the mitten in northern lower Michigan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.