Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. This is my first post. I actually joined this site back in May and remember now that I couldn't figure out how to post. It was probably late at night and I was half awake. Bad habit staying up late and then trying to get up early. Anyway I just remembered about the site because I just paid $60 Bucks for a bag of Marlin 81 parts on eBay just to get the cartridge carrier. I've got 3 Model 81s. Actually 2 are JC Higgins Model 103.13s.

I've come to realize that the cartridge carrier is the weak link in the receiver as the little ears eventually bend and break.
The parts are not available on Numrich or any other gun parts site I've been able to find. When you do find one you pay half or more than what the rifle is worth. Now here's my question. There's gotta be a million Model 81/81DL rifles out there, one by one becoming useless for want of this part. Somebody needs to see that need and fill it and make a lot of money doin it. Either manufacture a complete replacement part or maybe just the business end of the carrier that could be soldered over the broken end. Maybe I'm all wet and the idea has been considered and found not economically feasible. Any feedback would be appreciated. It just saddens me to think that all those thousands/millions of rifles will be useless. It's even a joke to see all the other parts of the rifles starting to be up for sale on eBay. Why would anyone need a barrel or a bolt or a trigger or a stock? Those parts don't break.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Hello and welcome from the high plains of Colorado. Sometimes a legitimate market
Niche remains undiscovered till someone points it out. Maybe it will be seen now.

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
Welcome from Texas

·
Premium Member
2,281 Posts
Welcome from Gilbert AZ, Howdy Neighbor!

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Howdy from Alaska!

·
Premium Member
9,845 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! Thanks for joining us! John

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Premium Member
17,017 Posts
Hey .22,

Welcome to MO.

Later, Mark

·
Premium Member
6,516 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Marlinowners from Pennsylvania!!!

·
Registered
11,566 Posts
Welcome from the Ozarks of Arkansas

·
Registered
14,845 Posts
Welcome to the MarlinOwners Forum from New York.

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Louisiana!!!!

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Welcome from Long Island farm country, happy shootin'. Cheers:beerglass:

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
Welcome from Florida

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
15,447 Posts
Welcome to the Marlin Owners Forum from the Texas Hill Country.

A great place for friends to gather around the campfire and visit

1 - 20 of 29 Posts