Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello
just joined.

i thought it was relevant to say hello. I’m a rather new gun enthusiast ... 3 yrs, it has been since i started buying and trading firearms. I’ve spent countless hours reading and learning. The general plan is to buy as many types of guns as possible to experience them and then decide what I like the most.

I started with a Glock 45... tricked it... other plastic wonders followed... eventually I tilted towards 1911s...
I shoot idpa and uspsa... I shoot CZ guns in 9mm exclusively now... I did get a race gun in 38 SC at some point... nah.
I like AKs and ARs fine... Ok with the military 308 he clones... (can’t afford a proper HK rifle)
I shoot long distance with a Savage 10 BA in 6.5 Creedmoor, maybe I should have gone 6 Creed, maybe next barrel.
BUT, I wondered into one of my local Pawn Shops... where guns get a new lease in life... and I stumbled onto a Henry big loop in .22 like new... for really cheap.. took it home, I was a Lever Action virgin... I had handled one or two before and seemed awkward and clunky and the opposite of smooth... this one was rather nice.
At the range I forgot time and troubles... shot a full box of 350 cartridges... way better than semi-auto, way better than bolt action... the sound of the Lever action is everything you thought fun should feel.

2 months later I’m the proud owner of 3 more Lever actions and all Marlins:
30-30 336 JM
44 Mag 1894P (the shorty ported)
22lr/L/S 39TDS

I love them all... I’m so grateful I discovered Lever Action rifles...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,739 Posts
Welcome from Alabama... That's a fine passle of Leverguns!

·
Registered
19,770 Posts
Welcome from South Florida to the incurable, lifelong disease known as Marlinitis! The only thing that suppresses another outbreak is...another Marlin!

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Welcome from Midcoast Maine to affliction that we all know and love so well - Marlinitis.

Have you thought about reloading for your herd yet? Takes a bunch of reading / learning to get started and is non-addictive, just like lever guns.

·
Registered
9,565 Posts
Welcome from Central NY !

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Welcome aboard from Delaware. Great looking group. If you like the LA's you might also like a SA revolver, maybe a Ruger Vaquero in .45LC or something.

·
Registered
29,946 Posts
Welcome from down South Louisiana.

Nice batch of Marlins you got.

ca'jun56

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from a fellow Texan in H-town...

·
Registered
428 Posts
Welcome from South Carolina.

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Well howdy and welcome to the forum from the Panhandle of Texas, glad to have you join in. This is the place to learn about lever guns and their addiction, seems like they get in your blood and then they start to multiply. Welcome to the forum...

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Welcome from SW Arkansas

·
Premium Member
6,803 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Hill Country! Yep, we all love levers around here. The lever action rifle is truly an American design. :top:

Question: Where/what is the "RGV Tip-o-Texas" :questionmark::questionmark::questionmark:

T.S.

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
Hello from way up north - Corpus.
I shoot Lever Gun Silhouette matches in New Braunfels and Austin - a good excuse to use that Henry.
I usually spend the night before the matches - too far to drive before a match. New shooters are always welcome.
PM me if you'd like the schedule of matches.

Michael
Rockport

·
Registered
543 Posts
Welcome from northeast Oklahoma. Levers are cool.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Welcome from Missouri!!!

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! Thanks for joining us! John (and RGV is Rio Grande Valley I think)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts