Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there folks. I purchased my first Marlin this week and thought I should join up. This is my first bolt action rifle. I currently own a Ruger 10/22 , Mossberg 500 tactical , Taurus Judge , S&W SD9VE , and a Beretta tomcat. I am very involved in the Taurusarms.net forum as well. It is another great forum not just about Taurus products - so you should come over and visit if you like. Wife and I are both shooters , she has a few part time jobs and I am in my 35th year with a large IT company. We finally got our grown kids and their kids out of the house last year. I also am studying to become a gunsmith and have worked on many firearms. Enough about me lets get to the new rifle.

It is a Marlin XT22TSR - tube fed , stainless steel 22 S/L/LR - Purchased for $275 new from Collectors Firearms in Houston Texas. Here are some pics:

Shelf Furniture Technology Bumper Table
Shelf Room Furniture Shelving
Alcohol Machine Airsoft gun Air gun
Auto part Tire Engine Brake Metal
Gun Trigger Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part

It had shipping grease and a little crud from the factory so I did a tear down , cleaned the barrel,receiver,bolt, firing pin etc , then followed up with a dousing of Breakfree. Shot some remoil into the trigger group etc..then blew everything out with compressed air. The only alteration I had to make was a poorly milled bolt cutout surface in the receiver. Dremeled it down a bit and polished. Bolt is smooth as butter. I used Redfield see through 3/8 dovetail scope mounts to mount my scope.

·
Super Moderator
16,613 Posts
WELCOME FROM OLYMPIA, WA; IN THE GREAT PACIFIC NORTHWEST - THE "ORIGINAL MARLIN®" (North Haven, CT Rifles) COUNTRY!

Reactions: silverstring

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Louisiana!!!

·
Registered
761 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
7,923 Posts
Welcome from the Allegheny Mountains of Central PA

Pull up a chair and make yourself at home. you're gonna like it here.

Mike T.

·
Premium Member
16,818 Posts
Welcome from Texas

·
Premium Member
6,669 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Pennsylvania!

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from a fellow Houstonian...You ought to join us at Rugerforum.net also...Where do you shoot?

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Marlin Owners from the State of South Dakota
Welcome Aboard, Enjoy the Journey
444GS2

Real Nice Pictures

·
Banned
651 Posts
Welcome to MO. This is a great group of people with excellent advice.

·
Registered
21,089 Posts
Welcome from South Florida!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Usually shoot at TOPGUN - but gonna have to start trying out a few long gun ranges - Hot Wells isn;t to bad - may go back there

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Welcome to Marlin Owners from a little piece of Heaven in Sullivan County, the Gem of the Endless Mountains of Pennsylvania & Texas (I'm presently visiting my granddaughter & husband in Houston and daughter & husband in Humble)

Coyote222

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.