Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I am a newly converted Marlin guy and I just joined the Forum last week. One of my buddies from work was the first person to turn me on to Lever Action Marlins, and basically all Marlins in general.

The other day while looking for a .22 for plinking I came across a gorgeous Model 60sb for only 130 and I had to scoop it up. It is stainless with a nice honey colored birch stock. It has a longer barrel than most too at about 24" I believe. At that price I felt like I was stealing the gun. She came with a nice older model scope an it shoots like a dream. At 25 yards I have no problem hitting the same hole.

Just the other day, I fulfilled a long time goal of mine and bought a dirty-thirty. For around 300 bucks I picked up a nice 1975 336 from the local gun shop. Guess you could say I have Marlinitis. The stock needs a little love but the action is smooth as silk and the bore is bright with mint rifling all the way to the crown. I plan on letting my bud work on it to accurize it a bit and fix up the trigger and stock. I just took it out shooting today and it was a blast. Can't wait to use it this coming deer season. All in all I'm really happy with it. Definitely never going to sell either of my Marlins.

Here are some pics:

60 + 336.jpg 60 on mat.jpg 60 Receiver.jpg 336 on mat.jpg 336 Receiver.jpg

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Welcome. Leave now and you won't go broke. Stick around and you will find out how wonderful some of these Marlins can be. Problem is they have a lot of lever guns in a lot of calibers. My most curren count of calibers is 20 possible calibers to buy. The most fascinating of them all in my opinion is the 45/70.

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
Welcome from Abilene and Goldthwaite, TX! John

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...By way of Batavia,N.Y.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
welcome from nova scotia

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
welcome from NY!! capital district area... where are you from!? nice guns by the way and well done on posting pics right off the bat! if there are questions you have be sure there is a great chance of getting them answered here!! congrats again on the guns and condolences on your newly developed marlin' itis!!

·
Premium Member
13,995 Posts
Good looking rifles! I really like both of them. You are going to enjoy them for sure. You got them both for a good price too. Congratulations!

·
Banned
162 Posts
hello and welcome from the southren tier !:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
6,480 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Pennsylvania!!
Congrats on on your first two Marlins and the maaany more to come!

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Welcome from the swamp. Looks like you got a couple of winner there in them rifles. Good luck with them both.:tee:

·
Premium Member
4,171 Posts
Welcome, from DFW, Texas

·
Registered
32,306 Posts
Hi and welcome from Bundaberg, Australia.

·
Premium Member
13,210 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Louisiana!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
welcome from NY!! capital district area... where are you from!? nice guns by the way and well done on posting pics right off the bat! if there are questions you have be sure there is a great chance of getting them answered here!! congrats again on the guns and condolences on your newly developed marlin' itis!!
Im Central New York. I am just east of Utica and west of Oneida.

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Very cool. I went to school at SUNY Geneseo so I'm familiar with where you are from. Smart move getting out of New York.
Don't I know it...

·
Super Moderator
15,806 Posts
WELCOME FROM OLYMPIA, WA; IN THE GREAT PACIFIC NORTHWEST - THE "ORIGINAL MARLIN®" (North Haven, CT Rifles) COUNTRY! NO REMLINS, OR MARLINGTONS ALLOWED!!!!!

·
Registered
20,116 Posts
Welcome from South Florida!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts