Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Hello from North Georgia

1K views 15 replies 16 participants last post by  dch 
#1 ·
I've had a Marlin .30-30 (30AS) for a couple of years and will probably get a Marlin 60 this week.
I've wanted a lever gun since I was about 6 (Didn't everyone?).
I prefer the looks of the straight stock Winchester and think a scope messes up the lines but everything I read and all my friend's advice was to get the Marlin. I liked the action better and thought I'd save up and get a straight stock Marlin in a pistol caliber.
With cash on hand I went to a gun show. They had no Marlins but several Winchesters. I decided their action just wasn't as good as a Marlin's. On the way home I stopped at my local gun & pawn shop to check out their Marlin's to compare.
The had a gently used 30AS with pistol grip and scope, two things I didn't want, but it felt perfect to me. The scope was great because I need it with my middle-aged eyes. I bought it and haven't regretted it a bit. I knew as soon as I picked it up it was MY gun.
Next on my list is a Marlin 60. I may have one this weekend. I saw one at a pawn shop and it felt just right, also. I'm going back this week to check it out and if it looks in decent shape I'll buy it. If not, it becomes the itch that needs scratched and I find a used one in the next couple of months or buy a new one.
Thanks, Paul

See less See more
#4 ·
Welcome from TN

#6 ·
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

#10 ·
Welcome also from No Ga !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.