Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new member, just signed up today, I have 1 gun now, I just recently gave my son his first rifle, my Winchester model 94 Trapper in .30-.30, BUT, I kept my Marlin 336RC .30-30, he won't get that one until I'm gone!! LOL, the reason I'm hanging onto the Marlin is because it's a 1950 model, unfortunately, it's in what I think is "fair" condition, and has been drilled and taped for a scope, but, it shoots, and is very accurate for being 64 years old, I got it back in 2000, I was selling an old Jeep Cherokee and a guy stopped in one night and gave me $200 and the Marlin for the Jeep, I feel I got the better end of the deal, :), I hope to learn more about my rifle on this forum and maybe get her fixed up someday and looking good again, but, for now, it's just fine sitting where it's at.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma!

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Enjoy the forum........................

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
I think you may have gotten the better end of that deal...now if it had been a Wrangler, maybe not...Welcome to the Forum from South Jersey

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! Glad you've joined us! John

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Louisiana!!!

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Welcome to Marlin Owners. I am probably in the minority in that I like to see old hunting rifles with all their battle scars. Bluing wear, stock scratches, nicks and dings are just beauty marks on an old warrior. Wonder how many deer it has accounted for in it's 64 years of service?

Reactions: Survivor99

·
Premium Member
11,750 Posts
Well, you did better than I did. My ex wife got my jeep back in 97 and I didn't get anything but a hard time. Welcome to MO from Micanopy Florida.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Welcome to Marlin Owners from a little piece of Heaven in Sullivan County, the Gem of the Endless Mountains of Pennsylvania.

Coyote222

·
Premium Member
15,433 Posts
welcome from Texas

·
Premium Member
16,813 Posts
Hey JP,

Welcome to MO.

Later, Mark

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Marlin Owners from the State of South Dakota
Welcome Aboard, Enjoy the Journey
444GS2

·
Premium Member
6,509 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Marlinowners from Pennsylvania!

·
Registered
14,845 Posts
Welcome to the MarlinOwners Forum from New York

1 - 20 of 32 Posts