Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say hello. I own a couple of Marlin 22s and was drawn to the forum by the prospect of learning a bit more about them. One is an 80-DL bolt action that I have a particularly strong attachment to, as it was my favorite plinking rifle growing up. It sat in my parents' safe for a while, and when I got into gun collecting I claimed it as my own to no objections. It needed a little TLC in the form of a new buttplate, new ejector, new magazines, a new peep sight, a thorough cleaning, and I refinished the stock. The other rifle is my wife's Golden 39A Mountie, which, other than needing a thorough cleaning, I've left as is.

At any rate, glad to be here and I look forward to learning all I can.

·
Registered
11,573 Posts
Welcome from the Ozarks of Arkansas

·
Premium Member
9,844 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! So we can grant you all the benefits of FULL forum membership, you will need to post pics of those great Marlins:biggrin: Glad you've joined us!John

·
Premium Member
16,818 Posts
Welcome from Texas

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

So we can grant you all the benefits of FULL forum membership, you will need to post pics of those great Marlins
I've done just that, over in the rimfire forums. I posted a thread seeking advice about the manufacture date of the 80DL, as I have not been able to narrow it down on my own. On the bright side, I've already learned where I should have been looking for the serial number on the 39A, and I've determined it's a 1966 model. I'll post the photos in the photo thread too.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Marlin Owners from the State of South Dakota
Welcome Aboard, Enjoy the Journey
444GS2

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Welcome to Marlin Owners from a little piece of Heaven in Sullivan County, the Gem of the Endless Mountains of Pennsylvania.

Coyote222

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Louisiana!!!

·
Registered
21,089 Posts
Welcome from South Florida!

·
Registered
661 Posts
Welcome from Colorado. You've got a good start on a collection. Also, getting your wife a 39a was a smart move and getting a wife with a 39a is also a smart move. Either way ya done good.

·
Super Moderator
16,613 Posts
Welcome to TaurusArmed.net from Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Howdy and welcome from Kansas!

·
Premium Member
6,669 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Pennsylvania!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.