Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a Marlin 922m a few weeks ago. Walked in to a local gun/pawn shop looking for a .22 magnum rifle planning on probably getting a Savage. The owner of the shop grabbed the marlin to show me and I was instantly impressed. He did not have a savage in .22wmr but had the rifle in .17. After picking up that rifle there really was no comparison. Im sure the savage was a great shooter but felt cheap with the synthetic stock. My marlin is a 1993 model with the uncheckered walnut stock which I lightly refinished. So far I have replaced the trigger guard, recoil buffer, recoil spring, recoil spring rod, extractor spring, and got a new magazine for it. Had some cycling problems with it when I took it out. Hoping these items will get it running like new again. Also getting the trigger worked on by Bill Springfield of triggerwork.net.

·
Super Moderator
19,135 Posts
Welcome VentusCustoms sounds like your 1993 is a project for ya. Maybe we will see some pic's some time :)

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
Welcome from Abilene and Goldthwaite, TX! John

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It actually sounds like a bigger project than it is. The rifle itself looks great, excellent condition all around. The feed/cycling problems are the main issue, shot probably 200 rds through it a week ago and although I had to cycle the action by hand it shot great. Oh I also forgot to mention that the barrel has been cut down to 16.5" making it a great pack rifle.

·
Super Moderator
19,135 Posts
well ya having fun with it :)

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Louisiana!!!

·
Premium Member
6,503 Posts
Welcome to Marlin Owners from Pennsylvania!!

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Premium Member
4,171 Posts
Welcome, from DFW, Texas

·
Registered
20,300 Posts
Welcome from South Florida!