Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy! About four months ago I started thinking really seriously about a center-fire bolt gun. I formulated a general idea of the specs I wanted and began the search. One of the very first contenders that caught my eye was the Marlin xl/xs series of bolt guns. Shortly after looking around a bit, I found you guys! To shorten the story by about 9 miles, I ended up with one of the xl7's in 30-06 spr. I'm therefore looking to learn all I can about the rifle's strengths and weaknesses. I have been looking into it for about 2-3 months now, but there's always something else to be learnt and I intend to press to that mark! M-M

"For God and the soldier we adore, in time of danger, not before! The danger past and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"-Rudyard Kipling :congrats:

·
Premium Member
15,403 Posts
welcome from Texas

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! Glad you've joined us! John

·
Registered
661 Posts
Welcome aboard Kentucky. It's a beautiful place and far cry from these Colorado plains where you can get skunked hunting for a tree.

·
Premium Member
16,693 Posts
Hey MM,

Welcome to MO.

Later, Mark

·
Registered
20,157 Posts
Welcome from South Florida!

·
Registered
14,845 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from New York

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
Welcome aboard from West Central Florida

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Enjoy the forum........................

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Welcome to the forums from southern Wisconsin.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the Great Smoky Mountains of East Tennessee! We're glad you joined us!

Ron

·
Premium Member
4,714 Posts
Warm welcomes from another Kentuckian MM! I don't know much about Marlin bolt actions myself, however I did just put money down on my first one, and older 25MN in 22 magnum. I'm sure they all have particular strengths and weaknesses, and you came to the right place to find out. This is the most knowledgeable and helpful community I've run across on the web. Stick around and some of the bolt guys will chime in soon.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
welcome to the MO from the motor city. enjoy your case of marlinitis!:biggrin:

·
Registered
10,447 Posts
Welcome from a little Bluff here W TN. Sorry don't know much about the rifle but I'm prety sure you came to the right place. Someone will come along in a little while. Welcome to the fourm!
Hey Kray I just put one of those in a layway last week also, I thought it would look good beside the 25N that I already have.

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Welcome to Marlin Owners from a little piece of Heaven in Sullivan County, the Gem of the Endless Mountains of Pennsylvania.

Coyote222

1 - 20 of 30 Posts