Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello or Howdy from south central Kansas. New to Marlins sort of. Seems like everyone I know has or had one except me. I've had a Winchester 94 in 30-30 for years but recently was able to pick up an older 336 in the same. Only question I have at this time is: can cast bullets be used in the mirco groove rifling? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
16,652 Posts
Welcome from Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest - "The "Original 444 Marlin®" Country!

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
Howdy and welcome to the forum from the Panhandle of Texas, glad to Have you join. Yes cast bullets can be used be sure to slug the bore and get one or two thousand over bore...

·
Registered
10,226 Posts
Welcome from Central NY !

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Welcome from SW Ohio.

Yes you can use cast bullets. Stay under 1700 fps unless you use gas checks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks to all. I appreciate the info about cast bullets, I’ve been using low powered rounds in a 94 for plinking. The bullets are from Missouri Bullet Co. and work well in that rifle.
To Dawei: Special thanks for your service as well as any other service members present or past out there. I’m a former Army brat and NG (artillery). My father was flying helicopters (Huey gunships and CH54 Sky cranes) in two tours over there as well. Right before his retirement he made CW4.
Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
9,844 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! Thanks for joining us! I grew up in Stafford Co many years ago. John

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.