Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Hello from Kansas

1K views 35 replies 36 participants last post by  Johno 
#1 ·
I've been a 'member' of the forum for a while but have usually just been a lurker.

Anywho, I have always been a levergun guy. The second, third, and fourth deer I took was with my grandpa's Marlin 336 30-30. That thing is a tack driver for sure.

I have my own Marlin now. It's a 30AW.

The gun is plenty accurate at 100 yards with a scope and 150gr 'General manufacturer' ammunition. However, I took the scope off just because it's a darn levergun. I've got a bolt gun for things requiring a scope. I'm not a terrible shot. Then again, I'm not a super sniper either. When I took the scope off, I couldn't seem to hold better than a 6" group at 50 yards. I can beat that with my darn Ruger Vaquero 45 Colt.

Well, it's good to be on the form. I'm losing my own ammo now so I hope to learn what may make the gun, ammo, and shooter (me) more accurate.

-TLM

#3 ·
Hello and Welcome to Marlinowners from Pennsylvania!

#4 ·
Welcome from Texas

#9 ·
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

#10 ·
Welcome from NE Indiana. There's no place like home. There's no place like home. There's no place like home. There's no place like home. There's no place like home. There's no place like home. :biggrin:

#11 ·
Welcome from Indiana.
Since you have been perusing this forum for awhile, you do know that a receiver peep sight will help a lot? I have a Skinner on a 1894, XS Sight Systems on a 1895 and a Lyman 66 on a 39A. All of them work well.

#15 ·
Hello, glad to see you're getting around to posting after being on the forum for some time. Just jump in and post more and you'll probably find out that you enjoy the camaraderie. As you already know, there're a bunch of great folks with a lot of knowledge here. Welcome to MO!

#21 ·
Welcome to the forums from the Great Smoky Mountains of East Tennessee! I've got nine lever actions and none of them have scopes on them. Of course I could actually see and hit targets if they did..... LOL But image is everything!

Ron

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.