Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning, new to the forum from south-central Indiana. I own a newer model 39A and just picked up an older 1894 this weekend. I'm having failure to feed issues with the 1894 and have already found the 1894 disassembly thread. I've never disassembled a lever-gun before so fingers are crossed. Looks like you guys will be lots of help! Thanks!

·
Registered
661 Posts
Hello and welcome from the high plains of Colorado. I'm not sure what is causing your FTF, but disassembly and a good cleaning will often do the trick. Go slow and
use good fitting screwdrivers. Place the removed parts and screws in an order that makes sense to you. Look at the
disassembly pictures often or take your own.
Once you see what makes it tick, it's easier to spot the problem. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! Glad you're here! John

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello and welcome from the high plains of Colorado. I'm not sure what is causing your FTF, but disassembly and a good cleaning will often do the trick. Go slow and
use good fitting screwdrivers. Place the removed parts and screws in an order that makes sense to you. Look at the
disassembly pictures often or take your own.
Once you see what makes it tick, it's easier to spot the problem. Good luck.
Thanks guys! After reading other threads about this, it appears I can straighten a spring somewhere inside and fix my issue. The round is simply coming in at too steep of an angle but will then feed if I back out the lever and give it a second try. Hopefully I can fix it, other wise I'll have a nice JM stamped 1894 in .44 mag for sale!

·
Premium Member
1,826 Posts
Welcome from Texas.

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Welcome from the banks of the 'Mighty Mis'sipi'!

·
Registered
14,846 Posts
Welcome to the MarlinOwners Forum from New York.

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Welcome from Ari, Indiana John. There will be help for your problem for sure. When you disassemble take extra care when removing the screws. There are 2 that are easy to mix up. It won't hurt anything that I know of but your gun won't function until they are back in the right place.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Welcome from Alaska to all things Marlin. A lot of helpful threads here, though normally I have my local gunsmith sort through most things. My Marlin 45-70, jm stamped, has never failed but I bought from my gunsmith and he had done a trigger job as well as having gone through prior. Very smooth. There are threads for doing that as well somewhere here. Enjoy the 44 mag lever Marlin.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Welcome and howdy from another part of Alaska!

·
Super Moderator
16,009 Posts
WELCOME FROM OLYMPIA, WA; IN THE GREAT PACIFIC NORTHWEST - THE "ORIGINAL MARLIN®" (North Haven, CT Rifles) COUNTRY!

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
Welcome, lots of good advice here.

·
Registered
11,566 Posts
Welcome from the Ozarks of Arkansas

1 - 20 of 32 Posts