Marlin Firearms Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
My favorite small game rifle, mostly squirrel hunting, is my Anschutz model 1710 D KL Meister grade made in Ulm Germany. I also have a few German Zeiss scopes. Good luck hunting with your marlin 45-70. My cousin prefers 405gr in his. I have the 450 marlin and also use the 405gr JFN over 1900fps. Recoil is stout. Also, welcome from the. hardwood bottoms of NW Louisiana USA.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Herzlichst Willkommen! Be prepared for some bureaucratic hurdles. I lived and worked in Munich, Hannover, and Stuttgart and hunted in seven of the Länder. About twenty years ago, I had difficulty in registering my Marlin 1895SS, because some bureaucrat in Cologne deemed the rifle "not suited for hunting in Germany." He apparently had seen too many Western films, and was unaware of the Marlin's growing popularity for hunting wild hogs. Forum Waffenrecht, of which I'm a "Lifetime Member," provided me with advice and a list of specialty lawyers who could represent me. Fortunately, the matter was solved without a day in court.
Be aware that the 45-70 cartridge is not allowed for hunting Hochwild, because standard factory loads do not have 2000 Joule of energy left at 100 meters. Absurd! Ich bin bei [email protected] zu erreichen. Weidmannsheil!
I hadn't a problem to register my 2 Marlins... Remington full pressure and Hornady Lever Evolution FTX meets the criteria... also the Monoflex is availible in 2000+ in Germany.
But thank you for your support!

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello to all
Greetings from Germany
I am soon a Marlin 1895 Dark owner and plan to make my new treasure my favorite hunting gun..
Hunting with a Bow too and don’t want to follow the „Sniper Hunter Trend“..
Next to hunting I am fishing for catfish Wels (PB is 7 feet and 175 pounds)

love stalking and tree stands
Welcome from the great state of Tennessee - the Volunteer State!

What part of Germany are you from? I lived in Germany more than 10 years while in the military. My oldest two children were born in Schweinfurt and Aschaffenburg, and have dual citizenship.

·
Registered
37 Posts
hello to all
Greetings from Germany
I am soon a Marlin 1895 Dark owner and plan to make my new treasure my favorite hunting gun..

Welcome from Ohio.
Welcome from Arctic Circle and palace of Santa Claus.

·
Registered
18 Posts
hello to all
Greetings from Germany

Nice to meet you. Hello from Virginia. There’s some great country over there, enjoy and be safe!

41 - 48 of 48 Posts