Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lurking and posting for a while and finally decided to say hello to all.

I currently have 2 Marlins, a 336C in 30-30 and a 39A. I also have a Remington Wingmaster 12 gauge, a Ruger Mark III Hunter pistol, and a Ruger Super Blackhawk Bisley Hunter in 44 Mag.

I think an 1894 in 44 Mag is next on my list after a new Ruger 1911.

I just turned 60 (yuk!) and am semi-retired after my business partners decided they no longer wanted a partner. Good enough by me, because I was pretty sick of the industry over all. I did pretty well with selling out my share of the company so I'm quite happy.

I'm currently looking for some community groups to join up and see if i can't make a difference in my community.

I would like to thank all of you on this site. I've never met friendlier, more knowledgable people on any forum and am proud to be a member.

·
Premium Member
6,503 Posts
Welcome to MO from Pennsylvania!! The 1894 .44 mag is a great gun.
Enjoy
Ron

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Tatersoup all of the American Industry has gone to pot. I and tired of it too but I am getting ready to turn 65 and will stay a while longer. My wife and I got rid of our last partner about 14 years ago. We plan to stay with it as long as we can and our oldest son will take over the business.

I thought you was a regular here on MO but welcome to Marlin Owners from Piedmont North Carolina, the Tar Heel State.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hey Tater. We have some things in common including being semi-retired and Florida. I'm in Hollywood. I just bought an 1894 ( primo, pre-safety in 44 mag ) and would get one of these before the SR1911 simply because the cost of the 1894 in 44 mag is going up and the cost of the Ruger will go down after the initial feeding frenzy is over.

My new 50th Anniv BH in 44mag is sitting a few miles down the road from me while the waiting period slowly ticks by. I'm seriously considering the SR1911 but am going to wait a while.

·
Super Moderator
15,879 Posts
Welcome from Olympia, WA; in the great Pacific Northwest -
THE "ORIGINAL MARLIN®" COUNTRY!!!!!

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Hello and welcome from another (South) Floridian!

·
Premium Member
4,171 Posts
Welcome, from DFW, Texas

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Welcome to MO from South Florida

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Hi Tatersoup, I am from Middleburg Florida about 25 miles SW of Jacksonville. Where in Florida do you live? If you live in the northern region some of us are trying to get together at a range to meet each other. Marla

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Louisiana!!!

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
Welcome from TN.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts