Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Old School '62 introducing myself here. I am a new member to the forum residing in Dallas, TX. I enjoy hunting but that's just an excuse to get out of the house and shoot! I miss the days of yore when I lived out in the country in Michigan and could just walk out the back door and go shooting or hunting. I guess I'll have to go in on a lease somewhere so I can get out and shoot my toys on a regular basis. The rabbit and pheasant hunting in MI was good. Never could find a deer to shoot in MI in season though. You'd trip over 'em all year long until hunting season started! Among my "toys" are a Marlin 444. I bought her for hog-hunting. I haven't shot her much b/c I've become a semi-automatic rifle fan, but when I last did (I had just sighted her in) she nailed a bulls-eye the size of a quarter from 200 yds! My latest project (frustration) is an old Marlin Camp 9 that needs some work! Bought her from a friend for $200 to help him out. I didn't know much about the Camp 9's but I'm excited to shoot this little jewel! The bolt was stuck closed. I researched to common problems and ordered all the parts I figured I'd need. Took her apart and the Buffer was not even there! The Bolt Stop Spring is also missing. I'll replace the recoil spring w/ either a 16.5lb or 21lb spring (bought both) and that'll be easy. The Hammer Strut Bridge was broken (naturally) so I replaced that however the Hammer wont lock into place. It appears to be a malfunction of the Sear. Seems something (a spring?) should be keeping upward pressure on the Sear to lock the Hammer into place so she's ready to strike the firing pin. I can't find any help on this topic and could sure use some help if anyone out there has intelligence on solving this problem?? I'd be most obliged. Thank you! Old Scool '62

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Tempus Fugit! Thanks for reaching out with your "Welcome"! I don't know how to use this site yet. Any advice for getting around and finding some help w/ my Camp 9 project? Many thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,823 Posts
Welcome from Bonham Texas. No experience with the Camp 9, but someone shoule be along that does.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello 9mm! Thanks for the "Welcome"! I am a 9mm fan myself! That's one reason I'm looking forward to shooting my Camp 9 - when I get her in shooting condition again - she takes same ammo as one of my favorite hand guns!

·
Premium Member
1,823 Posts
In case you haven't found it yet... Here's the link to the Camp 9 section on here. Some good stickie articles. CAMP CARBINES 9 & 45

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Welcome to the forums from southern Wisconsin.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welcome from OK! My Camp eats too much ammo to be shot much during a shortage but it puts every round exactly where you tell it. In other words, WAY too much fun!

·
Premium Member
15,403 Posts
welcome fro The Hill Country

·
Registered
893 Posts
Welcome to MO, glad you joined us. You will find all the help you need here!

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! Glad you've joined us! John

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from a fellow Texan in H-town...

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
Welcome aboard! Can't help you with that Camp 9, never owned one, but sure there are some around in here that can. Good luck to you...

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Howdy and welcome from Kansas!

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Welcome to Marlin Owners from a little piece of Heaven in Sullivan County, the Gem of the Endless Mountains of Pennsylvania, USA

Coyote222

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Welcome from Long Island farm country, happy shootin'. Cheers:beerglass:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts