Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum though I've owned my 336 for a number of years and grew up shooting the one my dad owned. I finally pulled the trigger and joined because I am in the market for another 336 specifically the 336 compact to be my new back woods camping gun. Or as short a model as I can find new or retired. I am hoping to find advice on the most reliable places to pick up a new lever action as well as a few other things like casting my own bullets and the best options for reloads. Currently my first question is has anyone had experience with degunshop.com Their website seems legit but their prices on marlins seem to good to be true. Ill pull the proverbial trigger in a hot second if I can get some kind of verification that they are not a scam. My main issue is they only take zelle, cashapp, and bitcoin as payments. This seems unusual to me.

·
Registered
20,674 Posts
Welcome from South Florida! Never heard of them, but my spidey senses say somethin' don't sound kosher!! They may be on the up and up, but in these times, we can't be too cautious! Buyer beware and good luck!

Reactions: TimR

·
Super Moderator
38,103 Posts
Welcome from the marshes of south Louisiana.
Must be careful plenty of spammers using such tactics! Send money first and you will never see gun!
After looking up their address in CA, seems a mechanic shop and two gun selling shops are located at same address. Buyer beware.

ca'jun56

·
Super Moderator
3,734 Posts
Welcome from the beautiful Ouachita mountains of Arkansas.

Reactions: TimR

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Welcome from the Gulf shores of Florida.

Gallery of Guns is a legitimate source on line. Give them a try.

TR

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum though I've owned my 336 for a number of years and grew up shooting the one my dad owned. I finally pulled the trigger and joined because I am in the market for another 336 specifically the 336 compact to be my new back woods camping gun. Or as short a model as I can find new or retired. I am hoping to find advice on the most reliable places to pick up a new lever action as well as a few other things like casting my own bullets and the best options for reloads. Currently my first question is has anyone had experience with degunshop.com Their website seems legit but their prices on marlins seem to good to be true. Ill pull the proverbial trigger in a hot second if I can get some kind of verification that they are not a scam. My main issue is they only take zelle, cashapp, and bitcoin as payments. This seems unusual to me.
Welcome to MO from a Western Slope ( Glenwood Springs) member. The old story of "if it seems too good to be true...." sure seems applicable. Especially in that cash only payment B.S. They're no such things nowadays as inexpensive firearms of any kind, but no shortage of profiteering bunko's.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Hello thorsrevenge1 and welcome to the forum from N.E. Indiana!!!! Enjoy!!!

·
Super Moderator
16,314 Posts
Welcome to marlinowners.com from an Old Soldier in Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest - "The Original 444 Marlin®" Country! Hooaaahhhh!!!

·
Registered
769 Posts
Welcome from Tx. I have never heard of them. I usually just search GS or gun shows for specific guns. I don't do the online buying as there are to many chances of getting scammed. If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is. In person purchases are better. You get to see and hold the product in front of you. Anyone can take a picture of a nice looking gun and post it for sale, even if they don't even have it. So if you decide to purchase online, "Caveat Emptor". Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Welcome from western nc!... same as others have mentioned... I’ve never heard of them...

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
Welcome from Central NYS ! Interested to know more.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Never heard of them and all those forms of payment are not refundable. Wait until marlin is back up and running and buy from a reputable dealer. And if you are in Aurora and have the nextdoor app, look up Aurora Shooters Group. I started a group that has now grown to 470 members in 6 months. Join up!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
Welcome from the UK. Spent some time in your state with an old friend from there. Loved it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts