Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I've been lurking this forum for a couple weeks now, lots of great information here.
I've currently got a 39a made in 1980 and a 336 in 30-30 from 1977 shipping to me. Also got a remlin 336 but I wonder about that one sticking around when the JM get here lol.

I don't actually know all that much about these guns so I hope you guys will be patient with any stupid questions I might ask.

I'm currently on the hunt for an 1895 in 45-70. I'm a sucker for octagonal barrels, is the CB the only one they made like that? I'm not a fan of safety but I don't know what year they started putting those on, is there a particular range of years I should aim for? The guns I have now also have golden triggers including the 2 being shipped, I think that looks pretty neat, is that something they did with the 1895CB as well? So many questions I sometimes forget what to ask lol.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Welcome aboard the forum.....from Texas
The cross bolt safeties were added on Marlin Lever guns in 1983.....
In search for an 1895 in 45-70......Marlin reintroduced them in 1972 so the 1972 to 1982 will not have a cross bolt safety. The 1972 made ones have a straight grip stock, 22 inch round bbl , and their serial numbers start with the letters. BO
Good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome aboard the forum.....from Texas
The cross bolt safeties were added on Marlin Lever guns in 1983.....
In search for an 1895 in 45-70......Marlin reintroduced them in 1972 so the 1972 to 1982 will not have a cross bolt safety. The 1972 made ones have a straight grip stock, 22 inch round bbl , and their serial numbers start with the letters. BO
Good luck
Thank you so much for the info! you've saved me hours of searching haha.

now to find one for sale 😅

·
Super Moderator
16,432 Posts
Welcome to marlinowners.com from an Old Soldier in Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest - "The Original 444 Marlin®" Country! Hooaaahhhh!!!

Reactions: TimR

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Hello naader and welcome to the forum from N.E. Indiana!! Good luck in your search for that 45-70!!! Enjoy!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts