Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve lurked for a while and posted a few times recently so figured it was time to introduce myself.

I learned to shoot 40-something years ago on my dad’s Golden 39A Mountie (1960). I have that gun today, and as you can see in the pic below it has a few Marlin friends:

Golden 39A (1967)
1895 45-70 (1977)
60W stainless (1999)
1895GS 45-70 (2007)
336C 30-30 (2012)

I also own several Winchester lever guns, a few evil black (or FDE) rifles, and a few handguns and shotguns.

I reload. I don’t get to the range nearly as much as I would like. I aspire to hunt one of these days.

I live and work in Silicon Valley where there are actually quite a few gun owners but we tend to keep it on the down-low to avoid scaring the natives. ;-)

Anyhow I’m really enjoying reading and learning from this group.

Keep on keepin’ on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
19,139 Posts
welcome to the group.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the Forum from an ex Kalif. For 25 years I lived Just east Of Hornbrook, Kalif. Great area Lots of guns. Now I live in the free State of Idaho......
Nice. Idaho is on my list of places to consider for a vacation home and future retirement location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21,237 Posts
Welcome from South Florida!

Reactions: KeltonCA

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from The Republic of Texas...

·
Super Moderator
16,673 Posts
WELCOME FROM OLYMPIA, WA; IN THE GREAT PACIFIC NORTHWEST - "THE "ORIGINAL 444 MARLIN®" COUNTRY!

·
Premium Member
9,844 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX!! Thanks for joining us! Beautiful rifles!! John

·
Administrator
30,809 Posts
Welcome to Marlin Owners from the Sierra Foothills.

As soon as the wife retires (in 5 years) it will be from Idaho. We've had enough of CA.

Jack

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.