Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for letting me join!
I recently bought 2 Marlin 60's, a 1977, and 2001 from a pawn shop that said they would not eject the shells. I got the ejection problem taken care of, but now and having light primer strikes. Firing pins are on the way, I may post some questions, but hopefully, I will post a successful fix lol.
Shawn

· Super Moderator
16,548 Posts
Welcome to marlinowners.com from an Old Soldier in Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest - "The Original 444 Marlin®" Country! Hooaaahhhh!!!

Reactions: utvolsfan77

· Premium Member
447 Posts
Welcome Shawn from commieformia formerly a republic. Notvsure how old your new marlins are but the first thing I’d do is replace both mainsprings which get weaker over time and could be your problem with light strikes on your primers!

· Registered
2,141 Posts
Welcome #3 from the great state of Tennessee 👍

· Registered
324 Posts
Welcome from SE Ohio!

One thing to look at is if the rear of the chamber has been dimpled by dry firing the rifle. This leaves a small crater (dimple) and the rim of the case gets "mooshed" into it so the primer doesn't go off. I've had that problem on several older .22s. The bores were also not healthy any more either so they were bored out and a liner installed, after which they were very dependable. Accuracy didn't suffer either! I always dry fire my .22 guns with a fired case in the chamber, to prevent this problem.

~WH~

· Registered
281 Posts
Welcome from Massachusetts
the model 60 was my 1st gun.........I no longer own one, but someday, I will find another. Very affordable gun to have.
Great memories.

· Registered
280 Posts
Welcome from Arizona!🌅

1 - 18 of 18 Posts