Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I’m Jim McBrides nephew, it’s been hard to come on here as he’s the one the signed me up, but as it nears from the time he passed I’ve finally come to peace with everything. I want to carry on his legacy, and I know he loved everyone on here and would talk about them often. I was blessed to meet a few of you, and it was definitely fond memories from it too. If you knew my uncle, I’d love to hear something about him from you. Thank you very much, best wishes and God bless to all of you.

Andy Lanier

·
Registered
29,547 Posts
Welcome from the marshes of south Louisiana.

ca'jun56

Reactions: Downbeach

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Welcome from SW Ohio.

·
Premium Member
10,729 Posts
Welcome from Micanopy Florida. Jim was a great guy and is missed around here. I live not to far from Dunnellon and Ocala and while we emailed each other some and chatted on the forums we never met in person . I am sad about that. He had a lot of close friends on here though and I am sure some will post here soon. Also make sure and join lever-scoundrels.com as he has many friends there as well.

This was his avatar and he went by myflatline so as you see that looking through old threads you will know that it was him.

·
Registered
19,685 Posts
Welcome from South Florida! Sorry for the loss of your uncle!

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Welcome Andy. I remember his posts but I have not met him.
Be great to meet members for sure.

Reactions: Marlinjunkie

·
Registered
10,902 Posts
Andy I meet Jim here, he was the nicest guy anyone would ever want to meet. We had a couple of cold one at Joes, who was kin to Jim's wife's family. I was every upset when the word came, we would talk on the phone about once a month, like I said super guy all around. He has lots of friends here & we still miss him. Mike By the way welcome from Texas.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts
I didn't have the honor of knowing your uncle, but welcome from New Mexico

·
Registered
14,837 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from New York