Marlin Firearms Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Gentlemen all has been saved and the universe is back to it's usual screwed up self. A bloke on the Aussie hunting forum I'm a member of had 1 and sent it to me and I fitted it yesterday and to my great relief everything works perfectly.

Thanks to those who offered advice on where to get a new one and now I can look at organizing my trip up to our Cape in October chasing grunters with renewed vigour.

·
Registered
71 Posts
After a few similar problems. I bought some big! plastic zip-loc type bags. With a bright desk lamp, I can see through it, and haven't lost a $20 spring since then.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
One of my gunsmiths has a great idea, anything that is likely to ping across the room or drop out gets taken apart in a large clear plastic bag that he can get both hands in, no more lost bits Gar.
Actually I have a heap of those Chinese take away plastic containers and I think from here on in I'll use those to put parts in to save losing things again.
I've been using them as empty case holders for FLS'ing, trimming and for tumbling and have a few of these so that'll be the go from here on in.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts