Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, new here and was sent to this forum with my question. I recently traded a Win94 .444 for this rifle and was given some Beartooth 200gr FNGC's and LBT 160gr FNPB's. I was hoping some here had experience with these bullets in the same gun. I have been told that the 1894 .357 is very forgivng to longer bullets and I am hoping the 200 gr will be a good shooter as I like heavy bullets. Thanks

·
Registered
957 Posts
First thing to do is to make up a few dummy rounds to see if the Beartooth will work through your action. Some 200 grainers will, some won't. I'm shooting a Handi, so I can't help with the action part.

The Handi have Marlin made barrels so accuracy should be no problem. Mine handles 200 grain bullets very well. Your best powder choices are probably AA 9, H-110/WW296, and AA 1680. 1680 is probably the safest place to start as it is a little slow for that case.

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
In my rifle, nothing over 1.610 will work, and 1.590 feeds much smoother. I have no experience with the bullets you list, so can't say what typical OAL's are for them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts