Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been eating oatmeal for a few weeks....Blah!

Made it this moring with a pat of butter, brown sugar and cinnamon and powdered nutmeg.....mmmmmm

·
Registered
485 Posts
splenda makes a brown sugar that has reduced sugar levels but still tastes great i use it to make meat rubs for smoking :) mike243

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mike243 said:
splenda makes a brown sugar that has reduced sugar levels but still tastes great i use it to make meat rubs for smoking :) mike243
I saw that in the commissary a couple weeks ago.....my oh my: 5$$ for a one pound bag, I think :shock:

·
Registered
485 Posts
yep i close my eyes everytime i pu a bag think reg splenda is about $8.00 we make tea & wife likes it also i would like a couple cold beers instead but i limit them to once inawhile i have to not take my sugar pills :x wont be takin none at shawnee till maybe tuesday :) mike243

·
Registered
288 Posts
No, don't use Splenda~~~ It's chlorinated sugar.

If you're not diabetic and you don't have a problem with your sugar intake, regular sugar is less harmful than Splenda or aspartame.

Of course there's stevia, which is a nature-given sweetener (from a sweet leafed plant) that is safe for diabetics, doesn't hurt your teeth, helps normalize your blood sugar level, and performs various other miracles.

The nutmeg idea is a new one to me. Sounds yummy~!

When I was a kid we put butter and brown sugar and MILK in the oatmeal -- oh, of course, sometimes cooked raisins too. Pretty good stuff. (actually I have to have eggs and cayenne pepper and alfalfa sprouts and brewers yeast on burnt toast every morning here in my old age or else I am just not a happy camper. Organic eggs, though. And unrefined peanut oil instead of butter. For breakfast only, just to save $$ on butter!)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts