Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of you guys are friends on and off the boaard, but I'm new to the board and haven't had a chance to meet many people. But I ran into TnBigBore the other day. He's in Alabama and I'm in TN. We bumped into each other in Chattanooga. I got to look at one of his rifles he had posted info on. It was a 336 in 35 Rem. The rifle looked great and was exactly as he described it. He seems to be a stand up guy. Just thought I'd offer a plug for him. My wife doesn't like him very much right now; he's trying to sell me another Marlin - like I reallly need another one! I mean, come on, isn't one enough? :mrgreen: But anyway, he's welcome to come up this way anytime and I'd be glad to hunt with him.

Cya,
Rick

·
Registered
485 Posts
10/4 & thanks his posts seam straight up some people would never say anything is wrong with their items he allways lists something ,most of the people on this site are super nice & i would hunt with most of them. mike243

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
That's the way all of us Alabama boys do business. We aren't smart enough to remember what we say so we have to tell the truth!

SS

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
Rick is a stand up guy as well. It was a pleasure meeting another forum member face to face. It seems like this forum attracts good, honest sportsmen. Rick is no exception. That is one of the reasons I frequent marlinowners. Thanks for the kind words.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Duckbill said:
Hey Rick,
Congrats on getting the 35REM. Did you ever find a 336SS?
Oh, did I say I bought a gun? :shock: Everyone knows you're not supposed to buy a gun over the internet... (you never know who is taking notes). And no, I haven't been able to put my hands on a 336SS (just to look at, mind you).

Cya,
Rick

·
Registered
594 Posts
rrog said:
Duckbill said:
Hey Rick,
Oh, did I say I bought a gun? :shock: Everyone knows you're not supposed to buy a gun over the internet... (you never know who is taking notes). And no, I haven't been able to put my hands on a 336SS (just to look at, mind you).

Cya,
Rick

My bad :oops:

I read too quickly. I thought it said you bought one.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Sidespin said:
That's the way all of us Alabama boys do business. We aren't smart enough to remember what we say so we have to tell the truth!
Besides being the right thing to do, telling the truth is easier in the long run, and one sleeps better (if one has any conscience left at all). On the other side of the coin, if you never give a guy a first chance, you never know if he's for real or not. But fool me once..... :x

I once worked for a guy - a VP. He actually said "Never hit the ball back straight because if there's any spin on it your shot will go wide every time." I still work here. He doesn't. And the choice to leave wasn't his.

Live well

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
I guess I should speak for myself when it comes to being "not smart enough". It is a rhetorical statement, just a point to stress that the truth, as Big Redhead pointed out, is not an option.

SS

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
rrog said:
Duckbill said:
Hey Rick,

Cya,
Rick
Nothing wrong with buying a gun face to face!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts