Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey all,
I got a old 1895 last week and took it to the range today. It shoots great and ejects the spent cartridge fine but the next round seems to get hung up on the extractor and can't enter the barrel straight. It gets hung up right here: Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Air gun

I was thinking that either the lever or the carrier was worn and the end of the round isn't getting lifted as it should but I completely took this bad boy apart and they seem ok. Of course, I don't have a new one to compare them to.
Any ideas on what might be going on?
And, yes, it's thoroughly cleaned.
Cheers

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Have you tried different ammo?
Sometimes the case can get hung up on the ramp.
Something to try as well as check.

Reactions: battlewagoneer

·
Registered
969 Posts
bw,

I have a 444s that does the same thing. When the round gets to the position in your picture I take the pressure off the finger lever and the cartridge aligns with the chamber and I finish cycling the gun. I think the problem is the spring is weak on the cartridge leveler. I bought the spring and other receiver parts from Numrich but I haven't installed them yet.

BB

BB

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a JM 45-70 GG, I have no problems cycling round in the rifle, Remi, Winchester rounds. But if i load up with the hornady levelution amo the second one jams. Could above problem be the same in my rifle. or is it just the hornady amo. They look shorter than the Remi, or winchester rounds.

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
troutbum did you read the link?
If the round entering the chamber at too steep of an angle doesn't seem to be the problem then I will ask...does the orange plastic follower in your magazine tube have a flat or concave face? The concave follower is needed for the Leverevolution ammo. It keeps the rounds gummy tip from getting stuck between the follower and mag tubes inner wall. For a test put one of your Remingtons in the mag tube first followed by a few of the Lever E. If you do not have the problem any more then the follower is the problem if your has the flat face.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey thanks again Lever Addict. 15 minutes of stretching out the extractor and cycling rounds through has them loading much better. Not like butter yet but all I have here is the Hornady rounds that seem to be giving everyone problems. I think the best thing to do now is go back to the range and put a bunch of holes in stuff.

·
Super Moderator
17,791 Posts
I used the link Wind posted last year to fix my 336W .... It took longer to find the right size screwdriver than to fix it... You gotta love this site!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.