Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nah, me neither but wouldn't that be sweet. 1895 pistol grip, 20" bbl, 4 shot tube.Wouldn't that be a thing to behold ! Ok, how do we get Marlington to build them ? The .348 has to be the sexiest looking cartridge going and it's no slouch in the woods either ;D

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
If and when they make a stretched action ...put me in for a 405Winny and maybe a 45-90 to boot...now your talking some serious firepower!!!

·
Premium Member
7,648 Posts

Well, I have one and it gives me trouble. If I seat the bullet where it should be it won't feed, OAL is too long so I load single shot style. Not good. If I load to an OAL that will feed then the bullet is so deep that it looks like a blank. Still no good. I'm sending it off to Jes to be bored to 50 BMG. It won't feed that either but if I have to load single shot I may as well get some bang for my buck. Anyone have any load recommendations for the 50 BMG? Do you think the Marlin will handle the pressure?

;D ;D

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Not sure of an OAL but just make sure you clip a flat on the front of that 750gr AP slug like Paco recommends so you can use it in a tube mag ;)

·
Premium Member
7,648 Posts
CalvinMD said:
Not sure of an OAL but just make sure you clip a flat on the front of that 750gr AP slug like Paco recommends so you can use it in a tube mag ;)
Thanks, I almost forgot.

;D

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Thats what shootin' buds are for ;)

·
Administrator
23,800 Posts
Seeing we are wishing, I want a Marlin 1885 High wall, pistol grip, round bbl 34 inches long, available in .32 Special, 38-55, 40-65, 45-70, 45-90, 50-110. Oh yeah double set triggers, tang sight, globe front.

OH YEAH, I want serial #1 in .32 Special. ;D

·
Premium Member
7,648 Posts
swany said:
Seeing we are wishing, I want a Marlin 1885 High wall, pistol grip, round bbl 34 inches long, available in .32 Special, 38-55, 40-65, 45-70, 45-90, 50-110. Oh yeah double set triggers, tang sight, globe front.

OH YEAH, I want serial #1 in .32 Special. ;D
Not if I find it first ! ;D

·
Premium Member
4,171 Posts
longer action...make mine a 30-40Krag or 40-65Win.

·
Registered
252 Posts
There already is a Marlin in .348 Winchester. But it says .338 Marlin Express on the barrel... ;D

Seriously, though, weren't both cartridges made to duplicate the .30-06 ballistically?

Mario

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
JBledsoe said:
That's easy, I just use my Dremil grinder and make the port longer. ;D
A guy I know did that to the frame to make it feed longer 357 rounds with a 1894cp ! He refilled it with JB Weld and dosent shoot it now !

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
If Swany gets No.1 in the .32 Win Special I want No. 2. Won't be worth as much but would be quite a conversation piece.

"fk"

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
buffgun said:
A guy I know did that to the frame to make it feed longer 357 rounds with a 1894cp ! He refilled it with JB Weld and dosent shoot it now !
Ouch....

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi guys,
actually there is a .348 chambering in the marlin '95, but its a .348 DC for david clements !! i've got one and i think theres about 5 or so in the world.. theres a photo of mine on his website under rifle conversions.. it has a colored casehardened receiver and a 24" pac nor match barrel.. its an incredable shooter with RL15 and 200 gr. hornadys.. it cost alot to convert, but at the time there was no .338 marlin, but i love the gun and am glad i did it, clements is a hell of a gunsmith !! its his own idea and uses .45 govt. case trimmed to 2", easy fire forming w/ oal length of 2.550".. in my gun with the 26" bbl i'm getting around 2700 fps..

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Straight gripped full magazine 20" barrelled 338 Marlin in a 336 with slim wood, that works when it leaves the factory. A stainless, with black plastic stocks , could be an option.

·
Registered
207 Posts
You had me going there for a minute.

I had a Win Model 71 lever gun in .348, was stupid and sold it. The .348 is a brush buster supreme.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts