Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading some old links and one user talked about Marlin and advertising. Why does it seem like the hottest gun out there is a TC Encore? Well because they sponser EVERY hunting show (or so it seems).
I have only seen one show that Marlin sponsers. If more hunters saw
the "pros" on tv shooting Marlins or H&r's more people would buy them.
Think about it, all you see on the shows is " man this new .300 short mag
sure did the job" If I had a dollar for every guy on a show saying that.
And most of the time they are shooting a Encore. If Marlin and H&R
sponsered more shows and had a guy saying " this old .35 remington did the trick" more people would say ".35 remington, is that a new cartrige(HA,HA)
I have to get me one of those" :lol:

Just a little fun before I get in my Bow stand.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I think you are exactly right. Actually, from what I've seen of a lot of hunting shows, I'm glad Marlin DOESN'T sponsor them. Whole lot of gut shooting going on there.

Get a camera behind a guy tracking a wallhanger through a snowy forest, or stand hunting on a crisp fall morning, and show what the .35 Marlin does best....dump deer in their tracks!

·
Registered
479 Posts
I would say you are correct.
Marlin for way too long has been resting on their laurels.
I do see very limited advertising for Marlin, mostly print ads.
I can understand why the majority of the public who are susceptible to advertising would rush and purchase that latest super ultra maxi mag that they keep getting hammered with by ads.
One thing I have learned for sure is that Marlin marches to the beat of their own drums and doesn't appear to be willing to change.
Don't fall out of your treestand and safe hunting.
Ranger

G

·
I read a post in a newer magazine about Marlin and H&R doing business with China in making some of their guns. Is there any truth to that? I hope not as I have several but not newer models. BM

Bill

·
Registered
542 Posts
its like the tylenol commercial of 8-9 years ago......." 9 out of
10 hospitals recomment tylenol more than anyother for minor
pain." Dah.......the tylenol company gave the meds to the hospital
at a reduced rate to be able to claim that !!!!!

·
Registered
431 Posts
I know the NEF Pardner pump shotgun is Chinese. The quality looked ok for the very low asking price, but I couldn't get past the Made in China stamp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts