Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The loose bbl band is now causing the gun to shoot eratic. A guy at the range saw me fiddling with the mag tube and said "that ain't right". He owns several 336's and said he'd never seen one like mine, but then again he'd never own a Remlin. :-\

I've always had excellent luck with guns. I guess my luck has run out. I was going to order a stainless 30-30 from Buds Gun Shop, but I think I will hold off and see how Rem handles this. :mad:

·
Registered
20,284 Posts
Remlin strikes again!

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
I don't think a loose barrel band will make the gun shoot poorly, and I think it can be corrected without a return trip to remington.

Tom

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is a LOT of slap between the barrel band and the bbl. You can see daylight between the band and the bbl. Reversing the bbl band did nothing to help. The mag tube slides in and out about an 1/8".

The ammo I am having trouble with is the Hornady LR 160 grain. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ???

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
try a few brands of ammo as the gun will tell you which one it likes best. ;) in factory ammo mine seems to like the 170 core locts and also seems to shoot the win 170 power points well also. and hope remlin takes care of the barrel band issue good luck. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE! :D

I fixed it. I put the gun in my gun vise and decided that the band just needed to be REALLY tightened up to work. Well, it's TIGHT now. Feels solid like it should. I'll go back to the Winchester ammo that I first used. It seemed to like that ammo. I have some LR left to see if it will shoot that now.

Thank you for all of the help! ;D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts