Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With exception of early 1100's,some of the .22's and those cool old Model 8 autoloaders I've never been much on Remingtons. Handled a very nice Number Six in .270 the other day. It was at $750.00. So have Remmies jumped?

Reactions: Golphin

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Model Six is a pump action made from 1981-'87. Calibers were 243-6MM -270- 30-'06 and 308. Some had very nice wood and were high polished bluing. They usually bring pretty high prices. The problem is finding one for sale especially in Pa. Pumps and levers very popular in Pa. deer woods.

·
Registered
758 Posts
No semi auto hunting in Pa. Give it a few year's and all the state's will be the same. Personally I like a lever action in thick brushy country. A bolt action with a scope seem to big in the thicket's. If your hunting field's in farm country the bolt action is the way to go.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reactions: M700

·
Premium Member
11,032 Posts
I have noticed the Remington 870's and the 1100's have gone way up going by the prices people are paying on Gunbroker. You could get either under $500. around here just a couple of years ago. Now you can't find them. The guys at the gun shop that did my transfer Friday on the Marlin 120 said they can't get any shotguns right now. I have not noticed the rifles but like horseshoe said above all the guns have gone up.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
There maybe certain remingtons that are going up in price but I was at my local gun store and they had a bunch of new bolt actions that the can not sell even at "sale prices".

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Older 1100's and 870's have been up for quite a while.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No semi auto hunting in Pa. Give it a few year's and all the state's will be the same. Personally I like a lever action in thick brushy country. A bolt action with a scope seem to big in the thicket's. If your hunting field's in farm country the bolt action is the way to go.
Nope. Small game,furbearers and Coyotes you can use semi's now.

Reactions: jog

·
Premium Member
11,760 Posts
Model Six is a pump action made from 1981-'87. Calibers were 243-6MM -270- 30-'06 and 308. Some had very nice wood and were high polished bluing. They usually bring pretty high prices. The problem is finding one for sale especially in Pa. Pumps and levers very popular in Pa. deer woods.
Thanks guys - I didn't know! :)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Reactions: countryboy243

·
Registered
758 Posts
Thanks' exSW I was not aware that you can small game hunt with a semi. I use to live in Adam's county. My 50 + year old bone don't like the cold damp climate of Maine so much anymore. You never know I might wind up back in the Susquehanna River valley again. I do miss the Gettysburg area.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thanks' exSW I was not aware that you can small game hunt with a semi. I use to live in Adam's county. My 50 + year old bone don't like the cold damp climate of Maine so much anymore. You never know I might wind up back in the Susquehanna River valley again. I do miss the Gettysburg area.
It's farely recent. I didn't know until my son told me. I think its just .22 caliber rimfire and center. So you can use an AR platform for coyotes.

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
people wanting 100 dollars for 100 primers and 100 dollars for a pound of powder on the internet . Go figure.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have noticed the Remington 870's and the 1100's have gone way up going by the prices people are paying on Gunbroker. You could get either under $500. around here just a couple of years ago. Now you can't find them. The guys at the gun shop that did my transfer Friday on the Marlin 120 said they can't get any shotguns right now. I have not noticed the rifles but like horseshoe said above all the guns have gone up.
People in my area are now buying up all the shotguns left, due to no ammo for handguns and rifles. Now the shot shells are starting to run out. A LGS/range near me said they are paying $38.00 a box for 9mm FMJ and selling them for $42.00, but only if you are using the range. Their consignment gun shelves which were full a few weeks ago are almost empty.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts