Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hello everyone, I have been on the site for a while but have never posted. I’ve been an Avid Marlin collector for several years and have many, my favorites are the big bore calibers but recently bought a Marlin 32 H&R Mag. I haven’t received it yet to share photos but curious on everyone’s thoughts on the rifle…is it a good shooter….what’s it worth these days, etc.

·
Super Moderator
12,815 Posts
Welcome to the forum. That is a rare bird, congrats on your find. I wanted one for a long time and had a pair of Ruger revolvers in 32 H&R. Gave up on finding a Marlin and sold the revolvers along with all my reloading stuff, brass, bullets, a mold or two, dies etc. Figured with primer shortages I would rather shoot 357 mag than the baby magnum. Still think it would be cool to have though.

·
Super Moderator
16,728 Posts
Welcome to marlinowners.com from an Old Soldier in Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest - "The Original 444 Marlin®" Country! Hooaaahhhh!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will do, it’s supposed to be “like new, with the box.”
I was looking on an online site similar to GB - I won’t mention the site name - and there’s a couple listed in similar condition for over $3000.00!!!!!

I can tell you for certain I’m not into it for anything remotely close. It’ll probably be a dust collector inside the back of my safe if it’s truly worthy of fetching that much $$. I would bet it sold for under $600.00 new. Hilarious what Marlin’s are going for these day and super happy I caught the bug before that happened. Nowadays I just keep an eye out and when a nice one goes relatively cheap…I snatch it up. A local guy put a 1895 SBL that’s had exactly 7 rounds through it and included multiple boxes of premium ammo on a local site a few months ago for $1000 less than they go for - without the ammo…I bet you can guess where that is 🤠 It’s the last year Remlin made them so it’s a nice one with none of the issues they had at first. It’ll probably be my only Remlin, but couldn’t pass it up. It’s a shooter and a good one at that, I reload every caliber I shoot and only took one trip to the desert to get it cloverleafing 350gr RN’s at 100 yards.

·
Premium Member
4,992 Posts
I would dearly love to have one of those 32 magnum 1894's to go with a S&W 631 I was gifted from our own beloved "a9mmfan"! I've been loading for that little J frame Smith, and a companion lever gun would be perfect!

Congratulations on the find! Looking forward to the pictures when you get it. Probably be the only one I'll ever see.............

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am embarrassed to say, but I didn't even know that Marlin made a 32 H & R. What years was that model made and is it on the 1894 format? Is this a JM model or a later one from the Remington years? I would love to find one to go with the two Ruger revolvers I have in 32.
Mike K

1 - 14 of 14 Posts