Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,822 Posts
Can't help you with that one. I wonder if the buyer is using a stolen card, or stolen numbers...

or maybe he doesn't have the cash to buy a money order...

Tough call

·
Premium Member
1,675 Posts
I've sold a few things on GB and used Money orders as payment. Anyone know the process of receiving money thru Credit Card payment?

Thanks,
T

Move to Pay Pal for the transaction. They can use the CC there. Make payment to a family or friend and avoid extra transaction fees. Some small shops and parts suppliers I have worked with use PayPal and I have had no issue. I set one up to receive payment as well with very little effort for parts and other non-firearm sales.

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
All the above. You need someone else to take the hit if his CC or debit falls through. That's why money orders and cashiers checks cost a little extra. It's insurance for them.

·
Premium Member
1,675 Posts
I don't think Pay Pal does guns.
Good to know. I have only sold reloading supplies.

Like M700, all sales of weapons go through my local FFL. Only a small percentage and no worries about payments or future contact by ATF.

Reactions: Triggerfinger

·
Premium Member
11,623 Posts
I always sell through a local gun shop when I sell on gunbroker. The LGS takes a percentage, but everything is on the up & up, legal, run through the system.. Payment goes to the shop, I get my part, they get theirs. All is well, and I'm completely covered, legally and financially.

·
Registered
66 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,668 Posts
Cromag is right... Your listed payment options are all you have to accept and the buyer if he hit buy it now or won the auction is required to use one of your payment options... Not the one he wants to use...

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Stick to your payment options you listed. He can do a cash advance on his credit card and use that for a money order.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Cannot buy money orders with credit cards
The only way you can do it is take a cash advance out on a card, then use cash to get a MO. But IMO, if you need to do that, you shouldn't be buying it in the first place.

Sorry didn't see above post

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
I have heard horror stories when PayPal Friends and Family is used for gun purchases.
Buyer was not happy and went to PayPal and sellers PP account was tied up. As in he could not use his PP and any funds in it until it was resolved. Seller was out $ and his PP account was closed when the settlement was reached (remaining funds returned but it took like 6+ months to clear). All in terms of service.
Stick with the money order.

·
Registered
14,132 Posts
When I sell firearms related items on gunbroker, I specify US Postal money order as the only form of payment I'll accept. The buyer and I exchange name and address, and he sends the M.O. to me. I box the sold items extra carefully, and the day his payment arrives, I mail his stuff from the main Post Office, not a branch. Has always worked perfectly. NO credit cards.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts