Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been using Skinner sights in some variety since around 2012. Simply put, they are the absolute best peep sight available for a Marlin lever action that is to be used as a hunting gun. I have bought several both new and used, but I’m not anybody that anyone at the shop knows by name because I just don’t buy as many guns as I would like to. I’m just another guy to them.

They lack precise and repeatable click adjustments and scales, which does indeed slow you down at the range when sighting one in. However, this also makes them the simplest, most robust, and cleanest looking sight on the market. Since most hunting guns shoot one load all the time, I’m quite okay with the fiddling that it takes to sight in a Skinner by drifting it at the range in order to gain the sleek, clean, snag free lines in the brush and the absolute bomb proof construction that is 100% maintenance and worry free for the woods.

All this said, I recently wanted to remove a Skinner Alaskan from my JM stamped Marlin 1895 in .444 Marlin in order to replace it with a Skinner Express Scope Mount and Talley QD rings. I called Skinner up and asked a few questions, all of which were promptly, adequately, and professionally answered with a friendly demeanor and an old world customer service experience. Rob went out of his way to go above and beyond in helping me get set up with what I needed and got my new sights/bases/rings shipped out within 24 hours of receiving my call. Hats off to the crew at Skinner sights for not only providing the consumer with quality, practical, and innovative products, but also doing so at reasonable prices for US made accessories and having some of the best customer service in the industry. I have been proud to recommend them in the past to friends and family and will continue to do so every chance I get; I may even buy some more for gifts as such occasions arise.

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Same here! Andy has a great product. And he cares about every item getting to the customer, fast and correct. I tell everyone to check out his sights.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

·
Registered
299 Posts
I ordered a Skinner Reliable Sight last Thursday morning. My postman placed it in my hands on Saturday morning. I had it mounted and sighted in by lunch. 48hr turnaround. Pretty impressive. Paired with a Skinner Bear BUster front sight by the way.

·
Registered
185 Posts
My Henry 44 Mag arrived today and my Skinner sights should be here in the next 2 or 3 days. Every rifle I own is scoped. Even my 1895 SBL has a vortex scope. I could not bring myself to scope my brass Henry. I can’t wait to try it out considering all the great things I’ve heard about Skinner Sights

1 - 6 of 6 Posts