Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Meet Johnny Dronehunter: Shotgun-Toting Defender of American Privacy!

Reactions: rob42049 and DWB

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
A new form of skeet/trap shooting. Works for me, we need a new sport. Take care, John.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Unless he's using buckshot which is not something you want to shoot at a 45 degree
angle due to range. He's probably running 7.5 shot in that Mossberg with an open
choke and a suppressor.
Here is the drone he shot down in the video

Quadrocopter: DJI Phantom 2 H3-3D

Reactions: Macoz

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts
I'm thinking three, or three and a half inch magnum's, in number four buck, as being a fairly adequate "drone load". Of course, the component's are on the small side, probably might wanna make the shot size selection closer to T's or 2's.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
You can bet, if the Gov has not already, soon there will laws stating, a citizen cannot place a gun onto a drone. They are going to want that capability all to themselves.

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
Oh yeah, I would do that!

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
The guy certainly went to a lot of work and personal expense on that bit of freedom of speech.
It's fun to watch, but isnt it akin to the groups that pack long guns where legal, simply to make a statement?

Saw where some college kid had flown a home built drone around the Space Needle was it? a few days back?

Time will tell, when the average guy can't hit a goose at 50 yards, I suspect whacking a drone will be a challenge for most of us.

Or the first big drug dealer that gets caught, film at eleven, by a drone, the S C will throw the case out PDQ.

Interesting times for sure. He sure spent some large coin for his tat work.

·
Registered
17,035 Posts
Haha!! The first guy to get five confirmed kills will be a "Drone Ace". I mean confirmed kills,not just talk or Youtube vids. Maybe someone will pass a law making Dronicide a Capital Offense. How ya gonna know whose drone you're shooting? Cop drones blue with a gold badge? Fed drones red,white,and blue? Peeping Tom drones purple with blue veins?
We're entering a whole new Era,with new rules yet to be established. A clean slate. Let's be proactive and make it go our way early on. If they get shot down and fall on your land,will the Court say they were tresspassing? Is the airspace over your land yours,and how high?
Seize the moment. Shoot first,go to court and get a ruling later. A precedent needs to be set,and we might as well get it done soon. Is unauthorized photo recon illegal?
The first drone with indecent pics of a minor female will wake up the Feds.

Rob

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Drones are going to get out of hand, and there will be some that do get shot down.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts