Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
I put it on a 17HMR....for about ten minutes. To me it was a wobbly, light weight piece of junk. I sold it. If you want your rifle to feel like a kid's toy, go for it. I've also heard since of recoil collapsing the stock and causing scope eye or worse.

If you have the heavy barreled .308, it's gonna be way out of balance.

If you got the impression I didn't like it....you're correct.

Pete

Reactions: scottsthillier

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I got a Survivor in 223, and I felt the same way about it. The Survivor stock made the rifle too muzzle heavy, and had to loose my grip just to cock the hammer. It now wears a regular pallet wood stock and forearm with a Skinner rear sight and a Remington front ramp with a XS front sight blade. It's a much, much better handling rifle now, and I enjoy it much more.

·
Registered
902 Posts
If you've ever had an adjustable stock collapse on you in recoil, you'd never consider this.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I guess I'm old fashioned, but a scoped shotgun for turkey hunting..........I'm old, but I can still put the bead on a turkey's head. People depend on technology far too much imho these days. What they gonna do when the scope messes up while they're in the field? I guess they'll have to stop hunting and head to the nearest outdoor store.

·
Registered
137 Posts
ooch Ihope none of mine bite me..

·
Registered
137 Posts
Ooch

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have a pic on here somewhere of mine with the stock and love it.. PS got mine for $50 with free shipping..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts