Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently (12/24/2013) purchased a 1894 44 mag rep. It had to go back to the factory for repairs and I was notified that it was going to be replaced. Since then Ive had no communciation from Marlin/Rem concerning the matter. Now, I am in contact with customer service manager and he explains that they will refund or send me a replacement of my choice if i choose not to wait for the 44 to come off the line. Ive basically at this point told him i would take any thing they have in the warehouse, his response is nothing is avail. I keep hearing production changes, ect. the 1894 is suppose to have been in production last month. Im just wondering has anyone went thru this. Its going on the 4th month and still no gun in sight, every week the production story changes to the next week. Only reason I will not accept a refund is because I got this gun at a steal and cannot replace it for what i paid. I asked him if nothing is available for a replacement , then exactly what are they producing at the the current time....I get its complicated David, Im just at wits end over this. Just wish i knew if anyone is receiving them in inventory at this current time. thoughts/comments very much appreciated. It was very nice to offer me a replacement of my choice, of course I called out every Marlin I can think of in there current cataglog for 2014, but when u hear not avail either, You have to ask yourself what is going on at the Marlin production plant....if nothing is avail, then what are they doing over there, still in stock fitting training 101.... Im just looking for a reasonable and understandable explanation as to why no firearms are available and wondering if anyone has sent in and received a REPLACEMENT FIREARM THE LAST FEW MONTHS OF ANY CALIBER. THANKS

Reactions: Gallo Pazzesco

·
Premium Member
16,818 Posts
I have ceased to buy any Remington product, as I have noticed a significant decline in quality on ALL of their products, including the great model 700 rifle & shotguns

I will only purchase older models that were made when quality assurance actual meant something other than a required marketing pitch

·
Registered
356 Posts
I agree, take the cash.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Only this week I have heard that the 1894's are supposed to be in production...

The only two reliable sources I have heard from have widely differing time frames...

One was at teh SHOT show and was told 3rd quarter at the earliest, and the other person is pretty well known on the gun forums and he says that his Remington rep has told him 'May'...

Sooo...

Like last year when these rumors were running rampant, I'll believe it when I see it...

As for your predicament, I'd take the cash...Full suggested retail so you can buy one IF they ever hit the stores...

·
Premium Member
2,809 Posts
Take the cash and rack it up to a lesson learned.

Reactions: Deadwood Pike

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hear each and every one of you. One reason i have not is that I heard a gentleman/dealer (that knows marlins) that attended the vegas gun show this year and his first mission was to find the Marlin booth. According to him the new 1894 coming out this year look absolutely beautiful that they had at the booth. Said he spent time discussing the issues and they told him that they spent (I do remember all of last year, but might have been longer)purchasing , setting up new machinery and the new production would just like the display. He said the 338 or 308 they had was another one on the 2014 list and it looked awesome,. said the new equipment is up and running and according to marlin "what u see here will be what you will get at the stores" (but im asking ok where are they)
Now As far as a refund the way I see it is that I sent it in dec 27th i do believe, so I am approaching the forth month of "wait". Now It has become personal so my mission is to see if the replacement is suitable to reside in my household and is as good as they said they would be. If not then I will finally throw in the towel and give up completely on both of freedom arms lines of firearms, and request a refund at that time. I think i have $431 in the gun I got xmas eve from Cabelas, so hopefully you see why Im hanging in there to see if I am going to get a "knock your socks off" remington made firearm for 431(will be the first rep). If I requested a refund it would be my luck it would take 15 days like lowes recently did on a 1200 dollar return of a fridge done on a debit card ..........They say production lines changes "daily" and I am speaking directly to a supervisor at this point, he says it confuses them. The production scheduled shows them being made every month this year, and many others that they purchased new equipment for this year. Like i said in original post, the sup has been very nice and offered me a suitable replacement, i went for 338/308 mx first as I have both in mxlr;s jm version, so i said what the heck i want a short barrel anyhow,,,response "not avail"....next I said what about the 1895 line,,,, how about the new limited 3030 or any cowboys, and he response "Not avail" i politely asked him to try to see my concerns as a consumer, if nothing i asked for as replacement is available, what is then? What are they making at the marlin plant. thats the frustration, you hear production schedules changes daily,,,, i said they if they are changing the 44 production schedule, what are they making instead of it???????? But thanks to each of your post, just wanted to see if anyone has had a similar incident this year. I will update if a gun arrives, if poorly made the pics i post might me made with me using it for a poker for the outdoor fire pit regardless of how good the wood is, cuz it want be the first time i waste 431 dollars now will it..lol....... . thanks again.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
heck no, tomato plants have went to 350 per plant this year, not letting them rip me off again... lol

Take the money and tell the customer service manager that you suggest Remington get into the tomato stake business and you hope he is happy in his new career as a farmer.

..........Widder

·
Registered
569 Posts
I hope things work out for you, I've never seen a company try​ to push customers away as hard as they have.

·
Registered
691 Posts
That "new machinery" they keep telling you about? If that's true, I would definitely NOT want one of the first guns off of it. New metal machining equipment is not "plug and play." There is a definite learning curve associated with it, especially if new fixtures, cutting tools, and gages are involved and that is with EXPERIENCED people running the show. As near as I can tell, Remington didn't keep any of the experienced Marlin people.

How would you like to have gotten the first Yugo off the line?

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I hear each and every one of you. One reason i have not is that I heard a gentleman/dealer (that knows marlins) that attended the vegas gun show this year and his first mission was to find the Marlin booth. According to him the new 1894 coming out this year look absolutely beautiful that they had at the booth. Said he spent time discussing the issues and they told him that they spent (I do remember all of last year, but might have been longer)purchasing , setting up new machinery and the new production would just like the display. He said the 338 or 308 they had was another one on the 2014 list and it looked awesome,. said the new equipment is up and running and according to marlin "what u see here will be what you will get at the stores" (but im asking ok where are they)
Now As far as a refund the way I see it is that I sent it in dec 27th i do believe, so I am approaching the forth month of "wait". Now It has become personal so my mission is to see if the replacement is suitable to reside in my household and is as good as they said they would be. If not then I will finally throw in the towel and give up completely on both of freedom arms lines of firearms, and request a refund at that time. I think i have $431 in the gun I got xmas eve from Cabelas, so hopefully you see why Im hanging in there to see if I am going to get a "knock your socks off" remington made firearm for 431(will be the first rep). If I requested a refund it would be my luck it would take 15 days like lowes recently did on a 1200 dollar return of a fridge done on a debit card ..........They say production lines changes "daily" and I am speaking directly to a supervisor at this point, he says it confuses them. The production scheduled shows them being made every month this year, and many others that they purchased new equipment for this year. Like i said in original post, the sup has been very nice and offered me a suitable replacement, i went for 338/308 mx first as I have both in mxlr;s jm version, so i said what the heck i want a short barrel anyhow,,,response "not avail"....next I said what about the 1895 line,,,, how about the new limited 3030 or any cowboys, and he response "Not avail" i politely asked him to try to see my concerns as a consumer, if nothing i asked for as replacement is available, what is then? What are they making at the marlin plant. thats the frustration, you hear production schedules changes daily,,,, i said they if they are changing the 44 production schedule, what are they making instead of it???????? But thanks to each of your post, just wanted to see if anyone has had a similar incident this year. I will update if a gun arrives, if poorly made the pics i post might me made with me using it for a poker for the outdoor fire pit regardless of how good the wood is, cuz it want be the first time i waste 431 dollars now will it..lol....... . thanks again.
It is my understanding that the rifles that Remlin brought to the Shot Show were all old JM marked actual Marlin made guns from Conn. I think that they were too ashamed to bring the stuff that they manufactured.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
It is my understanding that the rifles that Remlin brought to the Shot Show were all old JM marked actual Marlin made guns from Conn. I think that they were too ashamed to bring the stuff that they manufactured.
According to the people that attended SHOT that I have talked to, the guns were indeed not new, but in fact were the EXACT same guns they displayed last year...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Follow the link for my story...

http://www.marlinowners.com/forum/1894/133218-remington-built-1894-question.html#post1596319

It is post number 8. There is a really good chance that they won't produce 1894s again till the end of next year according to my "discussions" with Marlin customer service.

My guess is that you won't see a replacement from them. If you do, it will be of the same quality as what you have.

They did still send me 3 boxes of ammo after giving me my money back. Got them a few weeks ago! Only took them 5 months to get it to me, if I hadn't got my money back I would have to throw the bullets at the target.

Sorry, but as the "Magic 8 Ball" says, "Don't Count On It"

Reactions: mancuso

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I recently (12/24/2013) Only reason I will not accept a refund is because I got this gun at a steal and cannot replace it for what i paid.
I don't think you got a "steal" if your enduring headaches, risking money and/or a firearm, but I know we all have different opinions on business matters. Good Luck !

Reactions: djj2012 and Reicher

·
Premium Member
12,013 Posts
I had heard the display rifles at the SHOT were North Haven Rifles, too...............Pretty poor when they have to display another companies products and call them their own!

Take the Money, PLUS any taxes................Its been 4 1/2 years since a good quality 1894 was made, and if they can't make a good one now,........well, I don't think they ever will.
As another option, Ask if they have a North Haven made R&D rifle available?...........Probably not, but ask anyway........

Tom

Reactions: Reicher

·
Banned
1,175 Posts
My take on it is Remington is thinking about leaving NY and they do not want to get started setting up a full operation when they may move. The higher ups are keeping it on the downlow and that is why customer service is giving these answers because even they do not know. That is my hunch.

Reactions: Reicher

·
Registered
839 Posts
My take on it is Remington is thinking about leaving NY and they do not want to get started setting up a full operation when they may move. The higher ups are keeping it on the downlow and that is why customer service is giving these answers because even they do not know. That is my hunch.
That exact thought has bounced around my head once or twice.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.