Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am feeling like a COMPLETE IDIOT and top shelf moron as I can't find the original stock set off of Marvin the wonder rifle. It IS here somewhere but I reckon the little demon that misplaces keys, socks and other stuff has struck and a good one. Must be laughing it's little arse off. I have searched high (on a step ladder) and low (on my hands and knees for the stock set and I'll be danged if I can find it. A feller here was wanting it and POOF now it is gone...

Pretty maddening stuff, I suppose a few fingers of Laphroig is in order to salve my tortured psyche...

Be safe and have a great evening
Patty

·
Registered
426 Posts
Yep! ;D The worst part is, when I spend hours looking for the items and kicking up more dust than a moose farting in baby powder!!! ;D ;D ;D When I have just about reached my limit and I sit down, conteplating how I was going to justify, spending a week in the psycho ward.....is usually when I find it......like still in my hands or on my hat....during the two hours of looking for it.....or worst yet....sitting in my chair.......and all of a sudden, the items appears as of by magic....... "I KNOW IT WASN'T THERE MINUTE AGO"? How did that get there???? you know the drill.

Its hell getting old.

Lonerider

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Catherine, One day I couldn't find my keys. I knew they were in my purse ,but didn't find them. I tore the house apart looking for them. Brian in Florida said how can you lose something like that. 5 minutes later I went back to my purse and found them. I went to the bathroom and put them down forgetting what I did. Brian said how could you do that 2 times in 5 minutes. I remembered I went to the bathroom and located them. I do this quite often.Brian does the same, but blames me for misplacing his. If he realizes where it is he apologizes to me for blaming me. EVERYBODY does this at sometime.

·
Registered
173 Posts
A sheriff's deputy friend of mine had his house burglarized several years ago. Thieves took about 12 or 15 guns. Him being a cop and all, the investigation was likely a little more thorough than most. About 2 months after the burglary, the deputy went out in his front yard to check his water meter. Lying in the grass near the meter was one of his Marlin rifles, much rusted. Real observant bunch, to be cops. LOL.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I too am a threat to put something away so I can get it later then can't remember where I put it. My wife and I blame it on the ghost that sometimes shows up around here. He doesn't bother anyone but is a threat to move something you lay down and then after an hour or so put it back where you layed it in the first place. Seriously, we've both seen him and sometimes he scares the crap out of the dog.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Catherine:

You were exactly right but I had my doubts. So silly/strange that I had looked in the crate a few days before and I found it when i was looking for my broke down bullet puller. Sheesh. I must have hit my head or something when I put it away. Now if i can find the person that wanted it.

Be safe
Patty of the dumb bunny tribe

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Don't feel too bad, I have lost guns in my house! I have them in so many hidey holes I can't always remember where they are all at and no they rarely get back in the same place twice!

1 - 20 of 108 Posts