Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone shot any Laser Cast lead bullets? They are not gas checked, but they are not supposed to lead your barrel even at jacketed bullet speeds. They are $30 for 500 and would be a cheaper bullet to reload.

G

·
I've used and still do the LaserCast bullets for several calibers. I do a little casting of my own now but only cast very hard bullets for fast handgun or gas-checked rifle. I've bought the 147grn tc for 9mm, 125-130tc and 158grn swc&rnfp for .357, 180grn tc &240grn swc for .44mag, 180-225grn for 45acp and 170GC for the 30/30.

I've used all mine at jkt bullet velocities, except the 30/30, and they did fine. As a matter of fact, I don't think they would work well at low velocity, but you can buy swaged bullets for that.

My revolver doesn't get real good accuracy with the rnfp bullets for the .357 but did very well with the tcone. And the 44 caliber bullets were shot out of a 20" barreled Marlin at full tilt. The last that I bought from them were some 180grn 38 caliber True Shot bullets for my revolver that I shot with full loads of LilGun and they were super accurate in my gun. BM

Bill

PS: I have took LC bullets, that didn't look like they had enough lube on them, and tumble lubed them with the liquid alox (lite dose) for rifle velocities.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I've used LC & they were okay, but I prefer Leadheads hard cast gas checked bullets for hot loads. I get no leading or port lead smear with them at 2100 fps. SW

1 - 4 of 4 Posts