Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went shooting on Sunday afternoon. We had a great time even though there was a lot of ICE on the ground and some snow... it was not super cold either.

I shot my Marin Golden 39A. I shot the Glock Model 19C.

My hand arthritis was bothering me and my fingers got cold. I have shooting gloves but prefer to shoot with no gloves on. So I tried to warm up my cold hands with my hot coffee in a big cup. :) I did not sit in the truck to warm up my hands. I only shot about 100 some rounds on Sunday.

The AIR smelled good, the air was fresh even with gun powder smells, even the COLD air and temps felt good on all parts of me except for my hands. Later on, my feet got cold but that is because I wore jogging shoes, uh huh - really, not boots, and walked in the snow and ice, with MM's help on the ICE, to check out my paper targets. I shot the metal gongs at 150 feet away and paper targets for my self defense shooting. I did pretty good with cold arthritic fingers.

There was a young lady there with two men. She was maybe in her early to middle 20's and came over towards me shooting the metal gongs. We spoke, I gave her some information, we spoke about self defense, I let her shoot my Marlin Golden 39A which she absolutely LOVED, I told her that I hoped that she came back to our range and continued her shooting, took a gun safety/shooting class and this was her second time ever shooting too. Nice young lady and she even gave me a hug. Maybe they will be there next Sunday. The two young men did not want to shoot the Marlin even though I offered to let them try it. The young men were into semi automatic rifles and pistols.

Anyway, it was a lovely afternoon and I/we had a great time. Montana Man shot super well as he always does and that Glock Model 19C - 9mm shot well too.

Oh yes, some other man was there and he knew my husband. He asked MM some gun questions and so forth. I spoke to him some too.

Happy Valentine's Day and God speed.

Hugs to all,

Catherine/Cate

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
Catherine is being modest, she shot extremely well and I am very proud of her. At least 90% of her shots at 25 yards went into a group smaller than a human head, several into the 10 ring and the X ring. She did well indeed.

MM

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Hi Catherine, I am glad you finally got out to shoot. The weather here got into the 60's today, but will be down near freezing tomorrow morning. By Friday we may have 70's as a high. I am in the process of having a triple wide mobile home being put on my property as a modular home. Since the workers are on and off the property I am not doing any shooting until the house is ready for habitation. Stay well.

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Marla said:
Hi Catherine, I am glad you finally got out to shoot. The weather here got into the 60's today, but will be down near freezing tomorrow morning. By Friday we may have 70's as a high. I am in the process of having a triple wide mobile home being put on my property as a modular home. Since the workers are on and off the property I am not doing any shooting until the house is ready for habitation. Stay well.
Marla,

Thanks! I was extremely happy to get out and shoot!

I don't blame you for wanting to keep an eye on things while you are getting your new home built with the workers on and off your property. I hope that everything goes well and you will be in your new home soon. May you and Brian have a nice Valentine's Day. Enjoy your weather in the 70's later on this week! Woo hoo!

Cate

1 - 4 of 4 Posts