Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in 1986, I was involved in a head-on collision... my 1973 Pontiac Bonneville went head to head with a Cutlass Supreme, and I won! (Meaning, I drove off and the other car was taken away on a roll-off. ;D ) Because it was their fault, their insurance totalled my car and offered me $500. I shrewdly negotiated it up to '$500 and I keep the car', which they quickly accepted, probably having a company party that night because I mentioned nothing of personal injury.

So, what does any responsible young man of 20 do with $500? He runs off to the gun store to buy his first rifle, that's what!

Just a few years prior, I went shooting with my buddy, his dad had a single-shot .22 of some sort... and I was forever impressed with it's accuracy. I decided that when the time came to get a .22 rifle... I would get a single-shot, too!

So, for the princely sum of $79.95 I bought my Marlin model 15, 25 years ago 27FEB, 1986! It's accuracy proved it was a good choice, even after all these years. I did mount a scope on it a few years ago, when my close vision went the way of the single-shot rifle.

Cheers!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Always nice to have story about a firearm other than "I wanted one so I bought one." Not saying that is a bad reason, though.

·
Registered
81 Posts
way cool, congrats on yer model 15's birthday!

i love my model 15, bought new i think back in '84. almost immediately ditched the the iron sights for a 4x bushnell, and she's got some real good 20 yard small varmint accuracy with the very quiet super colibri primer ammo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts