Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In about an hour the tide should be high enough for me to launch and paddle out to set my Crab pots. This is the opening weekend and typically the Crab Pirate Fleet will be out in force. The last couple of years the piracy has become more blatant and even a little mean spirited - it isn't jut the Crab they take anymore, pots are stolen, lost and damaged.

This year I've decided to try a new tactic. I'm sending out Fernando.

Would you want to tangle with this hombre?

DING - HappenZ

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Hey Mo- How can you possibly keep a straight face during a photo shoot like that? Good picture!

·
Super Moderator
9,322 Posts
Hey Mo- How can you possibly keep a straight face during a photo shoot like that? Good picture!
I think he was trying to hold back releasing unwanted gastric pressure. That's how I look when I do that. :flute:

Let's just hope the crabs don't see that outfit. He'll be eating Mrs. Paul's crab cakes if they do.

·
Super Moderator
9,322 Posts
In about an hour the tide should be high enough for me to launch and paddle out to set my Crab pots. This is the opening weekend and typically the Crab Pirate Fleet will be out in force. The last couple of years the piracy has become more blatant and even a little mean spirited - it isn't jut the Crab they take anymore, pots are stolen, lost and damaged.

This year I've decided to try a new tactic. I'm sending out Fernando.

Would you want to tangle with this hombre?

DING - HappenZ
Is that the new 5.11 tactical robe?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Is that the new 5.11 tactical robe?
Ain't nobody bothers me when I'm resplendent in my Fernando get-up. It must be made out of ballistic something. My neighbors think that the arms should tie in the back...

Time to go fishing!

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
As a non-participating participant of the HappenZ, I particularly enjoying watching the antics of the more sick of the participating participants. I can only imagine what fun is had when all the participating participants get together for the actual event...............and participate, if you know what I mean.

·
Super Moderator
9,322 Posts
That video would go viral. Well the one with the canoe, crab pots, and tactical robe anyway. Especially if the camera is mounted in the front of the canoe looking toward the operator. :ahhhhh:

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Sad nothing is sacred any more...even crab pots!

I think Fernando along for the ride will help, but the robe alone should do the trick! :biggrin:

Go get em Moe!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Some of us are just trend setters. It won't belong before we are all wearing tactical robes. It is quite obvious he also had the cool car in high school, probably a gremlin, we just didn't know it was cool. Would it be a fashion faux pas to wear bunny slippers with a tactical robe?

·
Super Moderator
9,322 Posts
Some of us are just trend setters. It won't belong before we are all wearing tactical robes. It is quite obvious he also had the cool car in high school, probably a gremlin, we just didn't know it was cool. Would it be a fashion faux pas to wear bunny slippers with a tactical robe?
I'll bet the Gremlin was green.........

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Hey Mo no worry about catching the crabs they are going to surrender out of pure fear of the Wild and feared Fernando. Just sit back and watch them all jump in the boat. eh

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Actually... not far from the truth. Mine was a 1972 Gran Torino station wagon, in green, of course. It was still pretty new when I got it. Spent a lot of time with the hood up. When it was running its gas consumption was measured in gallons-per-minute. Back in the fuel waiting line days I was the guy literally pushing that beast up to the pumps. After fueling I'd circle around and get back in line.

I'm pretty sure the robe and the torino have about the same effect on women. It didn't go over well with their dads either. More than once they siphoned gas out of their lawn mowers just to get me to drive away... alone.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
As a non-participating participant of the HappenZ, I particularly enjoying watching the antics of the more sick of the participating participants. I can only imagine what fun is had when all the participating participants get together for the actual event...............and participate, if you know what I mean.
Chris,
My preference is to use "sensibility challenged"

I really like the participating participant label though.

Mo

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
I'm hoping the only thong being worn in that pic,

is the hammer thong on that holster!!!!! .:flute:.. :ahhhhh:..:rofl:..:aetsch:..:laugh:..:rofl:

Be careful with them crabs/claws wearing a getup like that!!!! :ahhhhh:...:laugh:

Good luck getting some crabs. Not a "Case of'em" but a Bushel of'em..... :flute:..:rofl:

BloodGroove4570

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That video would go viral. Well the one with the canoe, crab pots, and tactical robe anyway. Especially if the camera is mounted in the front of the canoe looking toward the operator. :ahhhhh:
Last year's video was a bust at the box office.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts