Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My youngest son was able to spend this afternoon at the range with me! We both enjoyed. Nothing but handguns today, and some good defensive handgun training. We busted some caps today!
Started with the 22's, then moved into the 38 & the compact Kahr 9mm, and finally brought out our favorites, the 45 Kimbers. Ahhh... We both like the 1911 platform.

My son with the Ruger 22/45 at the start of our training session:

I like how quickly he's back on target with the tiny 9mm Kahr:

And he did pretty well with the S&W Model 19 & mild 38 loads:

His first "failure drill" today, with the 45 Kimber. I was impressed!

A bit later, after I'd started pushing him to increase his speed:

And he caught a photo of me, with my much-loved S&W Model 19:

What a great afternoon! :) He's about to enjoy steak with me here at home this evening. It's nice to see that he handles his firearms so safely and accurately. Of course he's been shooting since he was about 5 years old...

Nice that we still enjoy shooting together. I sure like that.

Regards, Guy

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Great afternoon!

You are indeed fortunate.

·
Premium Member
4,939 Posts
Memories for a lifetime, for you both! I wish digital photography was around when I was young and Dad was still around. Course I grew up in the 60's & 70's ('58 model). Having pictures of you two shooting that he can share with his son, & grandson is pretty cool. Congratulations on being a successful father.

·
Premium Member
12,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Memories for a lifetime, for you both! I wish digital photography was around when I was young and Dad was still around. Course I grew up in the 60's & 70's ('58 model). Having pictures of you two shooting that he can share with his son, & grandson is pretty cool. Congratulations on being a successful father.
Yup. I'm a couple of years older than you - and don't have many photos of hunting, fishing and shooting with Dad. Some, but not nearly enough. Still have the memories though.

Regards, Guy

·
Registered
6,665 Posts
Oh the shame.

This reminds me of the first time I took my son handgun shooting. I still have trouble thinking about what happened, the horror, yes even the shame. You see I introduced him to the 45acp 1911A1, arguably the finest all round fighting handgun ever designed. He found it... Heavy! He disappeared into the range shop and reappeared with... a tupperware Glock! In 9mm!! Of course he was eleven at the time and did shoot it pretty well.... But my son? With a Glock?

·
Premium Member
13,992 Posts
Now that's just good stuff right there! You can't beat a day like that. Making memories! Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: M700
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.